Before you ask please READ THIS

Remove Works hover effect for mobile devices or combine hover with click on mobile

edited August 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 3
Hi I would like to remove the hover div showing over work items on mobile devices ie. ipads and iphone as it ads an extra click which I feel is unnecessary and slightly counter intuitive (personal design opinion overall theme is great) is there a quick way of doing this or combining the hover and click/press functionality together on mobile so you would get quick flash of the hover effect but it wouldn't require and extra user press or click to actually load the page.

Again if this isn't something covered by admin or an update you can do if you could point me in the right direction regards what javascript etc would need to be edited would be great.

Thanks,

rich

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

We added this behaviour on special user requests:-)
    It was added so mobile users could see title of work before getting into it, and I think it was wise decision, as only flash of text could be frustrating for users. Telling from personal experience ;-)

To remove it deactivate compressed scripts http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/advance_menu_use_compressed_js_amp_css
    Next go to beach_apollo\js\uncompressed\script.js line ~506
    and delete this
                    //open item when it is tapped twice
                    $container.on('click', 'a.g-item',{}, function(e){
                        var t = $(this);

if(isTouch && !t.hasClass('touched')){
                            e.preventDefault();//if clicked in link
                            t.addClass('touched').siblings().removeClass('touched');
                        }
                    });
    With regards.
    Hi Air,

Thanks for that. Another question unrelated but in some browsers and mobile devices I get a flash of a white page and white behind some elements such as left nav as the page loads in. It looks like there is perhaps a default white bg set on some elements which is then overrides by other css but it takes a second reducing in white Flash. this is particularly visible when you click on works on the left hand side.

http://roneill.ie/

am I imaging this or is there fix?

cheers,

rich

• AirAir
    Firstly I love what you did with theme:-)
    Secondly thanks for coffee:-)

About issue - yes I could notice it on my Ipad on your site, but can't recreate it on my development version. I can't find anything white there, also body has dark color.

Maybe this rule that is overwritten is showing on slower devices:
    style.css ~385
    #header, #footer,
    #header.no-space:before{
    background-color: #fff;
    }
    Try changing it.

With regards.
  • Hello there.

I can't find 'beach_apollo\js\uncompressed\script.js' file. By the way, I don't see the option you mentioned to turn off compressed.css.

Can you help me plaease? Thanks!

WordPress 3.8.1
    BeachPlease 1.4.1
    www.manu-garcia.com
    no-uncompressed.jpg
    800 x 405 - 41K
  • AirAir
    Hello

Yes, both things where removed while ago, you can read more here http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/for_updaters_need_to_know

Now file you are interested in is in beach_apollo\js\script.js

With regards.