Before you ask please READ THIS

How to password protect an Album

edited August 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 5
Hello,

I'm wondering how to password protect an album, I can't see it on the page, and how to set a password.

Please let me know...

Thankz in advance!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Please check http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Password_Protection

With regards.
    ;-) LOL

Thankz!!!!
  • Hey there,

I created a password protected album by choosing "password protection" in the visibility settings when creating a new album, and the password is queried, but the 'enter password' screen appears again and again, even though I use the correct password.

http://7188photography.com/album/client3178-private/

This is the URL of the password protected gallery, the password is hyper

Any idea?
  • AirAir
    Hello

Yes I checked it, and it is possible that some plugin is interfering in your installation. Please check it as described here

With regards.
    I'm still not having any luck. I can see what other folks have done and I read the Wordpress link but still doesn't work quite right. I want to password protect the entire site. If I use the visibility setting per album, then it changes the album list name to "PROTECTED: ALBUM NAME". I don't want it to actually read "PROTECTED", that's ridiculous.

When a user accesses the site, they should be prompted immediately that the entire thing is protected, not just per album. Can this be done? This also may be less of a hypershot question but any assistance would be great. The other sites using hypershot above look amazing!
  • AirAir
    jerkey said: I don't want it to actually read "PROTECTED", that's ridiculous.
    That is how wordpress works.
    jerkey said: When a user accesses the site, they should be prompted immediately that the entire thing is protected
    Then search for plugin that hides whole site. I believe there should be few such plugins. This topic is only about protecting single album.

With regards.
    Hi. I password protected an album in my hypershot page, but when someone apart from the admin enters de password to see it, they always get a 403 error forbidden. I have tried it giving direct link to the album, without adding it to the menu and also adding it.
    What am I missing? Do I have to do anything else?
    In case it is possible, I would like to give direct access to that album, without having to add it to my menu.
    Thanks.

(Last version of WP and Hypershot, by the way)
  • AirAir
    Lalouetto said: they always get a 403 error forbidden
    It sound like server case, or maybe you have installed some plugin that makes such redirects?
    Passworded album should look like this http://hypershot.apollo13.kinsta.com/album/mixed/

With kind regards.

Hi. I had to add the following to my .htaccess:

allow from env=BlockThese

Now everything is fine.
    Thank you.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info!