Before you ask please READ THIS

How modify the 404 page ?

edited March 2014 in Superior Posts: 28
Hi,

I have a little problem : I want to modify the default 404 page of my website and i would know how make it ? Cause if i well undestand the 404 page isn't really a page, so how modify it ?

In fact I just want to disable the search form, the title, and add a custom text.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks a lot,

Antoine

Comments

Hi,

You can edit your file 404.php to modify the 404 template
  • AirAir
    Hello

Just as roquelage said, you can edit 404.php template, however it is also template for sitemap, so don't mess too much ;-)

With regards.
  • Ok great :) Thanks a lot, i will try something :)

With regards.

Antoine
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 111
    I’m having a wrong German translation on my 404 and (unsuccessful) search pages. It’s "Zurückgehen oder benutzen Sitemap unten" which means "Go back or use sitemap below". However, this is no correct German sentence. How can I modify this one line? I checked 404.php and search.php, but have no clue what to change (or if I can modify it in those two php at all). Thanks. :)

Oh, and I’m using Beach Please, not Superior. Sorry in case I’m wrong here.

-----

If you want to change this wrong German sentence with your next update, these lines would be correct:
    - Zurückgehen oder die Sitemap unten benutzen (simple version)
    - Zurückgehen oder die unten stehende Sitemap zur Orientierung nutzen
    ( = Go back or use the sitemap below for orientation)

"Sitemap" can also be translated with "Inhaltsübersicht" or "Inhaltsangabe". But I’m not sure if every German user would appreciate such a modification.
    Post edited by Tupamaros on
  • AirAir
    Tupamaros said: Oh, and I’m using Beach Please, not Superior. Sorry in case I’m wrong here.
    You should start your own topic in that case, not hijack topics from other themes :-)
    So please don't reply but start new topic if you need any more info. And thanks for sentence ;-)

About translation check http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/translating_theme

With regards.