Before you ask please READ THIS

Superior Theme - VISUAL COMPOSER NOT WORKING PROPERLY - problem after update wordpress to 3.9

edited April 2014 in Superior Posts: 5
Right after updating to Wordpress 3.9 the visual composer stopped working. I cannot see anything, nor can I insert media when I update/modify a page. The

I am in a middle of an important project and I need to update certain pages on a daily basis.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Comments

Well, I did exactly as suggested: downloaded the new version of the theme, installed the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin, tried to upload the new theme having selected the "Upgrade existing theme?" with YES, but I cannot get it to actually upload/install.

The only thing I did differently was to change the new theme zip name from "themeforest-6212921-superior-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme.zip" to "superior.zip".

The "error" message I get is
    "Are you sure you want to do this?
    Please try again."

What am I doing wrong?

Please advice.

Thank you.
    I tried it the classic way, using the ftp to upload the theme and the new plugins. It seams to be working. I did not overwrite the theme, but saved it under a different name.
  • AirAir
    Good you are trying different ways form documentation :-) Various plugins and user roles may affect uploading theme. However I am concerned about this part
    ecostuff said: themeforest-6212921-superior-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme.zip
    Are you sure you were uploading only theme not whole package?
    documentation said: Download ZIP file from ThemeForest and find in it superior.zip(theme file)
    That means that there is ZIP file in ZIP :-)

With regards.
    i followed all that process (uploading theme) and after update and activate required plugins, i detect some problems after editing with visual composer

For example:
    The text block, erase spans inside the H1 and remove
    too...not happening when i edit directly the code through classic editor, text mode

live example in http://nuevo .linc.es (little bit useless since i edited manually the code but there it is)

Thanks!!
  • AirAir
    What can I tell - good to know...
    Thanks for info:-)

With regards.
    Well, the thing is i would like to continue editing content with visual composer, that after update is a total mess... as far as i saw; mobile columns broken, text block broken, padding between elements broken too, weird thing with call to action buttons...if you edit through live mode, some elements arent detected so if you save the page, everything will be lost

Im pretty sure tomorrow i will discover some more issues

Do you plan to release an update that cover all this mess anytime soon??

Thanks!!
  • AirAir
    Should I fix Visual Composer plugin?
    Show me live link cause this sounds like something is wrong in your installation, too much issues.

With regards.
    Well, it all started after upgrading plugin apollo13shortcodes and wordpress to 3.9, all the issues i said with text block and margins and stuff.

After that, i tried upgrading template too but nothing was fixed

I seriously doubt there has been any problem with install since i followed all documentation steps, like in the past and its not the first time that all gets messed up after upgrading, because of visual composer...i thought more people were also having issues with composer

Ill send you a live link and admin access so yo can see it for yourself

Thanks and best regards
  • AirAir
    Answer in private message.
  • AirAir
    As I test every element with new builder I see that "Call To Action button 2" is broken. We will have to wait till author fixes it. you can always use normal CTA :-)
  • AirAir
    In few hours update should be ready on ThemeForest. Hope it will fix some issues with Visual Composer.

With regards.