Before you ask please READ THIS

Visual Composer, serious errors

edited April 2014 in Superior Posts: 17
Alright, so I just updated Superior to the latest version. Also, I updated all necessary plugins.
Visual Composer seems alright, but when adding certain elements (text block / call to action button to name a few) nothing happens when you click save or cancel. The window is still open and can't be removed in no other way than browsing to another url (clicking "back" button in my browser)... I can't be the only one with this problem?!

I've tried reinstalling the theme, reinstalling Visual Composer, deleting js_composer folder and reinstalling, still the same problem. Please, any ideas?

Image 1: That's the edit window for a normal "text block". No options available and the window won't disappear, no matter if you click save or cancel.

Image 2: "Call to action button 2". Everything looks normal here, but same behaviour with the save/cancel buttons.
Untitled-1.jpg
813 x 210 - 13K
Untitled-2.jpg
816 x 555 - 48K
Post edited by minor9 on

Comments

• AirAir
    edited April 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello

There are two possibilities:
    1. More probably: WP 3.9 + Visual composer - still not working well. Can't do anything about it, however I keep my eyes on updates of Visual Composer. Tomorrow we will release next update with new version of compsoser.
    2. Some other plugin is messing up. Try switching off read more here.

If you know how to run JS console then check what error you see while clikcing click save or cancel.

Also please check what version of Visual Composer you see in Plugins menu.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 17
    That's some quick response.

Visual Composer version 4.1.1.

When choosing "call to action button 2" in the list of different elements, this error pops up in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'go' of undefined

Then, when clicking "save":

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'activeEditor' of undefined
    Post edited by minor9 on
  • AirAir
    minor9 said: That's some quick response.
    And it is late night Easter Sunday ;-) We are working on new theme, but don't tell anyone:-)

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could try install new version there? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.
    I can't give it you manually unfortunately.

With regards.
    Solution:

Visual Composer can act a little weird if the Visual Editor is disabled. I had it disabled for some reason, but when I unticked the box "Disable the visual editor when writing" under Users > Your Profile, things were looking good again :)
  • AirAir
    Thanks for shearing!
    :-)
    With regards.