Before you ask please READ THIS

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/trueprom/public_html/wp-includes

edited July 2014 in Adamant Posts: 1
I get this error when visiting the site homepage or admin theme options. Please help!

Regards,'George

Comments

Hi George,
    I assume that full error message is:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/trueprom/public_html/wp-includes/compat.php on line 30
    (taken from comments from Theme Forest).
    If so:
    You are facing well known server issue - your server has inactive mb_substr() function and wordpress is trying to use it's own function instead, and in this very place server generates timeout error.
    So:
    1. I think the server itself is rather slow
    2. Server's configuration makes it even slower.

read more:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14035698/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-mb-substr
    http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • AirAir
    surgeon said: You are facing well known server issue - your server has inactive mb_substr() function
    Is redux framework using this function or is theme extension part? If some functions is not supported in almost every server, then it shouldn't be used in themes. I would advise to switch to "normal" substr. Should be enough, probably.
    Less issues, less frustration, less topics, more happy customers:-)

Win-Win x2 ;-)

With regards.

Hi,
    I have checked, and mb_substr() function is used by core files of Wordpress only, so best solution - when you are facing this particular issue - is to install this php extension.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • AirAir
    Then in that case - my bad, and sorry :-) Just never had such issue with this function.

With regards.