Before you ask please READ THIS

Masonry bricks blog issue

edited September 2014 in Fame Posts: 10
I putting blog (news) post in and using the Blog appearance variant: Masonry bricks. When I view the news page it only shows the top portion of the image of one of the post.

see attached image

Am i missing something in the set up?

Thanks for any help.
Mark
blog blocks.jpg
1125 x 596 - 48K
Post edited by mao9000 on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I have been on your site but you have deactivated bricks mode. Turn it on and I could verify what is happening.

With regards.
  • Hello Air, brick mode is now active.
    http://fitcircleus.com/blog/
  • AirAir
    Hi again.

I have made some tests but I have to admit that I don't have idea why it not works on your page. I have tested on my test site and everything is nice.

Only thing I could do right now is debug it on your site. For this I would need temporary access to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on. If you are interested, then send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • Hello Air,

Ok, I found the issue.. In short. when i use the visual composer feature and add the element image gallery and set the gallery type as grid, it breaks the masonry brick layout.

I tested the other galleries and they work. only the grid breaks the blog page.

I took a video grab to show what happens.
    you can download it from here
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7188407/FitCirclBlog.wmv

I hope this helps figure out what the issues is.
    thanks
  • AirAir
    Thanks for video. I must admit it is very strange but I will take a look. Thanks again for nailing this:-)

With regards.
  • Hello Air,
    I did some more testing. I installed default fame theme and woocommerce plug in with no custom changes. same issues happened when I added a grid gallery in side the post.

As of now I have had to change all my post inside my live site. I tried to use the default wordpress image gallary inside the post, but the photos will not open in lightbox.

Please keep me updated with any findings or a fix.
    Mark
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I have found solution for this issue. It requires changes in many places, so Fix will come with new theme update in next week.

BIG thanks for all data you have provided !

With regards.
  • Great News!