Before you ask please READ THIS

Blame questions

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 32
I have a couple of questions regarding this theme.

1. Shortcodes within the top head bar comment area do not seem to work. I've tried calling the shortcode with php, just placing the short code there, and I get nothing. I need to put a support form within that drop down comment area, any help would be appreciated.

2. Is it possible to remove the margins on the side of the page easily? I would like for one of my pages to allow full width for an iframed instance of another page.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I was also wondering where the animated progress bars on the demo site could be found.
  • AirAir
    Hi there :-)

If you have more then one case to talk about then please add every case in separate topic(read more here), cause if this topic will have more then 3 answers, it will make chaos by answering to different points of first question. I believe you can imagine this :-)

Back to questions:
    1. "top head bar comment area" - you have to explain me where is that:-) Screen shot/live link will be helpful.

2. If you wish to use wide layout instead of narrow then solution would be same like for Fame theme http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2487/only-one-page-with-wide-size#Item_6

3. In visual composer there is element named Progress Bra, check screen shot.

With regards.
    screenshot-32.png
    523 x 569 - 40K
  • Thank you,

On question #1 I was referring to the expandable comment area. I think that question #2 has been resolved thanks to your link.

I appreciate your time and I will certainly separate my questions in the future as to avoid confusion.
  • AirAir
    enfurno said: On question #1 I was referring to the expandable comment area. I think that question #2 has been resolved thanks to your link.
    OK, now I know what you mean. Option Message text in Header - Top Bar options:-)

To do it go to blame\advance\utilities\header.php line~84 and change:
    $top_bar_text       = $a13_apollo13->get_option( 'appearance', 'top_bar_text' );
    to
    $top_bar_text       = do_shortcode($a13_apollo13->get_option( 'appearance', 'top_bar_text' ));

We will also include it in next update:-)

With regards.
  • You helped me greatly with the full width thing. I own you dinner. Please pm me your paypal address.

Kudos, awesome support.
  • AirAir
    I see you have found it :-) Thank you very much.

If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks! How to rate?

With regards.
  • I did!! I will certainly rate you on themeforest right now.

I have one more question. My install of blame is not showing certain themed buttons, for instance call to action block within builder, the button is just plain text and there is no CSS or image around the text. Is there an easy fix for this or would you recommend some other solution?
  • AirAir
    You mean in admin area or in front-end? Please show live link/screen shot.
    enfurno said: I did!! I will certainly rate you on themeforest right now.
    Thanks a lot!

With regards.
  • In the front end, screenshot attached.
    Capture.PNG
    1237 x 133 - 11K
  • AirAir
    I have no clue why it looks like that. I live have to look at live example. If you can't send it here, then send me private message - click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"

With regards.
  • AirAir
    I have just checked, and it looks like you didn't set color for this button while setting up CTA element. This one is not styled by general buttons rules in our Layout options(cause it is more of content then layout button), so you have to select color for it while creating it :-)

Do you need help with it?

With regards.
  • Hmm, I have the color set. I have tried several different CTA styles in an attempt at getting it to show.

Thus far I have tried ever type of button, every color, every size, and I have even tried adjusting the text thinking that I may have had too many characters in there.
  • AirAir
    Then it is strange.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I have been on your site and I see you are using version on visual composer that wasn't bundled with theme, and this probably the reason.
    We are currently shipping theme with visual composer in version 4.2.3. Versions 4.3.x ended to be highly incompatible with that what was in previous version and also this breaks our modifications/extensions to this plugin. So that is why we are not upgrading it yet.

However we are working now to make it work proper with our theme.

So my advice for you is to get back to version bundled with theme, or I can help you switch of our extension for now, so visual composer will work in default mode.

With regards.
    I see, do you know where to find 4.2.3 or do you have a copy available somewhere for download? A search for this version has led me to nothing more than malicious webpages and WPbakery doesn't seem to offer older editions for download.
  • AirAir
    Take a look in blame/advance/plugins/ ;-)

With regards.
    js_composer? Do I need to do anything with the mod folder for it to work appropriately?
  • AirAir
    Sorry I didn't explain better.
    Yes js_composer.zip - it is normally used for auto installation of plugin.
    You don't have do anything else, just install this plugin manually.

With regards.
    No worries,

So I did this.
    1. dactivated the current version of the plugin.
    2. rename js_composer folder via ftp.
    3. uploaded and installed the packaged version of the plugin from the downloaded blame folder.
    4. wp-admin is broken, blank pages across the board. Also, the issue with the graphical buttons is not fixed and I have also noticed that any single image module built with visual composer that is meant to be an image link isn't work as well.

I'm not certain that the visual composer plugin was causing the issue, that or the old version of the plugin is no longer compatible with the recently released version of the blame theme. Not sure, but it definitely broke the admin switching from the latest version of visual composer to the dated version.

To rectify this, I simply renamed the previously adjusted folder, and left the plugin enable. Everything (other than the buttons and links) is working as expected.
  • AirAir
    We are working constantly on version 4.2.3 and it is OK. We would have to debug to see what happened on your page on activating old version of Visual Composer.

Anyway - smart move with renaming previous version:-) but I think this is what caused issue- cause now wordpress was including two plugins with definition of same functions and this results in fatal error.

If you want to test again, then copy "old" js_composer somewhere else, to you disk for example. There mustn't be two version of VC in plugins directory.

With regards.
    Okay, so do you think that swapping over to the legacy version of VC will fix the broken link and button issues? Right now those are the only visible issues that I am seeing, I've put the site through quite a rigorous testing phase otherwise and those 2 problems are the only problems at all. In fact, every other aspect of VC works fine as well. The only other issue is the icon selection box in some instances does not populate, this is also in VC editing as it works fine in the blame preferences.
  • AirAir
    enfurno said: Okay, so do you think that swapping over to the legacy version of VC will fix the broken link and button issues?
    It works for me like I said :-) Give it a try like I said. As far as I know that version 4.2.3 was pretty stable. They just started reinventing wheel in 4.3.x ;-)

I am still not done with testing of new version of VC, but I hope to end it in few days.

Server changing is always time consuming...

With regards.
    It fixed the buttons, links are still broken when trying to add a single image via VC and some formatting has gone astray. I'll play around with it a bit more. Would you recommend uninstalling and reinstalling? I've done that but now that I have moved the folder which contained the newest version of composer. I didn't think that having that folder in the structure after renaming it would result in any issues, but apparently it did.
  • AirAir
    Try newest update, where we added support for newest Visual composer:-)

With regards.
    lol... I just updated to the newest update.. It broke all of my fixes.. If I update visual composer things should be fine now..

Thanks for putting up with this.
    Yep, that did it. Just swapped the existing folder for the new folder and boom. Everything works as expected. Cheers.
  • AirAir
    Great ;-)

With regards.
    Just a heads up, not sure if this was something with the theme update but while VC is working properly on the desktop. There is no formatting on mobile devices. Everything is pressed to the right side of the screen. I've attempted reinstalling the theme and VC as well as using the older version of VS(this fixes it.)
    Also, is the composer that is built into the theme a paid version, would I be double purchasing if I just bought the plugin again on my own?
  • AirAir
    If you would buy composer on your own you will just double same software. We don't change this plugin, we only style it, and add our own modules, but it will happen independent of how you install visual composer.

I have just checked our site on small screen and it sucks big time what is happening there:-/ I hate this Visual composer. How much incompatibility there could be across two versions...

I have to stop everything I was doing and debug this crap again...

Thanks for letting me know. I will inform you as soon as we fill fix it.

Sorry for breaking your site:-(

With kind regards.
    No worries but i did want to let you know. It really caused some odd formatting on mobile devices.
  • AirAir
    I don't know if you had same issues as we found but I can send you updated style.css file that you could switch in 1.2.0 update.
    1.2.1 should be released during weekend.

With regards.
    Would you mind sending it over? We do not plan on launching until Monday but it would be good so that we can finalize our testing phase on mobile devices.
  • AirAir
    Hi there

It is available on Themeforest since Sunday - you should have information about it in your wordpress panel:-)

With regards.
    I did not change anything, literally at all. If you check the page on mobile now, it looks just fine. So strange.
    That being said, I'm updating this morning.
  • AirAir
    Then it is good I suppose:-)

With regards.