Before you ask please READ THIS

Content before posts on blog page

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 15
I need to have the content of a page (Updates = our blog page) before posts. The blog page have to use the content from a page and display it above the posts. Kind of like the title bar, just using the content of the page which is set to be the default blog page.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello

Go to file blame/index.php and in line 26 change this:

<div id="col-mask">

to

<div id="col-mask">
    		<?php
    			if(is_home()){
    				echo '<div class="real-content" style="float: left; width: 100%; position: relative; left: 25%;">';

$blog_postid = get_option( 'page_for_posts');//This is page id of blog page
    				$content_post = get_post($blog_postid);
    				$content = $content_post->post_content;
    				$content = apply_filters('the_content', $content);
    				$content = str_replace(']]>', ']]&gt;', $content);
    				echo $content;

echo '</div>';
    			}

?>

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thanks, but there is a problem. Please have a look at the attached image.

I'm using the Visual Composer.
    Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 10.47.08.png
    1917 x 1023 - 1000K
  • AirAir
    That space on left is a problem or what? Please don't make me guess:-)

Show live link, then I could see what is wrong.

With regards.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 15
    Yes the space on the left is the problem or more specifically, the fact that the content is positioned further left than what it should be. I can see in the inspector that some of the divs that is normally added is missing.

http://web117.dk/bureau117/wordpress/updates
    Post edited by AllanLange on
  • AirAir
    OK, I have updated code, so try again with current version.

Hope it will help.

With regards.
  • Do you mean that you have updated the theme? Because I can't see that on Themeforest, it says the last update was on August 29.
  • AirAir
    Updated the code from that post http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/10141#Comment_10141 - code that I made specially for you.

PS. If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks!

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Thanks alot!

However there is a bit of a problem with the compatibility with mobile devices. But I think I will be able to fix that myself :)
    I know it's a different matter. But can you explain to me why changing the "more-link" text in content.php doesn't work?

I need it to say "Read more" in my own language.

The problem at hand is with the posts-grid on the home page, with the heading "SENESTE NYT".
  • AirAir
    AllanLange said: However there is a bit of a problem with the compatibility with mobile devices. But I think I will be able to fix that myself :)
    It looks OK. I have just checked it know, so maybe you have already tweaked it :-)
    AllanLange said: I know it's a different matter. But can you explain to me why changing the "more-link" text in content.php doesn't work?

I need it to say "Read more" in my own language.
    Please don't mix cases and start new topic next time and if you wish to continue.

Why it might not work?
    You may have cache plugin, for example. Also you may use other way of cutting posts( http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/blog_menu ) and there is also same string in file blame\advance\utilities\post__work__gallery__blog.php line ~378

You can also change this string in translation file(best way) http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/translating_theme

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Yes I tweaked it already and thank you :)

I knew you wouldn't like that I mixed cases, but thank you so much for answering anyway :)
  • AirAir
    AllanLange said: I knew you wouldn't like that I mixed cases, but thank you so much for answering anyway :)
    ;-)
    Hope that helped:-)