Before you ask please READ THIS

How do I translate my site?

edited September 2014 in Adamant Posts: 20
I got an earlier message that I must go into my po. mo files to translate, but how do I translate in these files? I want to translate the site to norwegian, or just some words...

Comments

Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • When I open the file in poedit it stands translation polish (Poland) How do I change it? still don`t understand.. step by step please?
  • I cant open my default mo file in poedit.. "The file may be either corrupted or in a format not recognized by Poedit."
  • Nevermind.. But I can`t find words like "loading", "load more", "visit site" "all" in the po-file ... I want to translate these words from my portfolio..
    Those strings are a part of 'Visual Composer extend by Apollo13' plugin, so files to translate are inside this plugin folder (your_wordpress_installation/wp-content/plugins/vc_extend_apollo13/languages).
    All the Best.
  • Okei, thank you. In the contact form there is only mo-files and I cant translate them because I cant open them in poedit. What should I do?
    Edit the contact form and manually change the placeholders to norwegian. Lykke til!
    All the Best.
    Hi. The translation didnt work. I followed the description.

I opened default.po, editet words to my language, saved as, nb_NO.po and nb_NO.mo, sat them in the same folder. Then editet wp-config.php. and sat, define('WPLANG', 'nb_NO');

nothing work, still english...
    Are You translating theme or plugin?
    What texts you are translating? Is it 'LOAD MORE' text?
    All the Best.
    Yes. Load more, no more items to display, all, visit side ... som words in the search area ... And i want to translate the words in contact form.
    Have You set 'Site Language' to norwegian? Go to Settings >> General and set 'Site Language'.

http://blog.tribulant.com/wordpress-2/wordpress-4-0-languagetranslation-not-loading/
    All the Best.