Before you ask please READ THIS

Full-width site, no padding left and right

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 15

Hi Apollo13, I need your expertise on how to get my site to display properly. As you can see from the screenshot, the div in the middle is smaller due to the fact that I removed padding-left on the first-child and padding-right on the last-child. I need them to have the same size and still have no padding left and right on the first-child and last-child.

Would you be able to help me out with this matter?

Link to live version: http://web117.dk/bureau117/wordpress/cases

Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 14.25.03.png
1396 x 1024 - 789K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

Is it same thing that you wrote about to me in private message? Cause neither there, neither here I can understand what you exactly did and what you want to achieve.

Please do following things:
    -mark on screen shot what exactly div you mean
    -show me code(CSS) that you added/changed

Thank and with regards.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 15
    Yes it's the same thing as in the PM.

It's actually pretty simple. If you take a look at these screenshots I think you will understand the problem.

The screenshots with the left and right div highlighted I have applied a styling that removes padding, as you can see in the first style in the inspector.

@media (min-width: 801px) {
    .wpb_row.vc_row-fluid div:first-child {
    padding-left: 0;
    }
    }

@media (min-width: 801px) {
    .wpb_row.vc_row-fluid div:last-child {
    padding-right: 0;
    }
    }
    This made the divs position themselves to the far left and right in the row as I wanted, but it had the effect that the middle div is now smaller than the two divs on the sides. I need them to be the same sizes and still have no padding on the sides.
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 08.18.55.png
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 08.20.49.png
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 08.20.58.png
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Air on
  • Nevermind, I fixed it in another way.
  • AirAir
    OK I think I almost get it, but this look like thing more connected to visual composer issues rather to theme issues.

However the element that you showing here is Posts grid element, right?

This padding idea is not our solution, but Visual composer author, we also think it is stupid, and break lines of layout. They changed it while introducing version 4.x of VC. It broke lots of layouts for clients that was using previously 3.x VC, and lines of layout were perfect. It happened in our previous themes.

But enough about these things, we bundle it(Visual composer) with layout so it is our problem also.

Can you tell how you have solved this?

With regards.
  • Yes it is a Posts grid element. I reverted to the default styling and made changes to the header and footer instead, it simplified the whole thing alot.

Sometimes you gotta do stuff, just to undo them, appearently... :P
  • AirAir
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Haha, that is good way too;-)
    Post edited by Air on