Before you ask please READ THIS

Update a Visual Composer

edited September 2014 in Adamant Posts: 3
Hello, I bought your theme and I am very satisfied with your work just ask you to upgrade to the latest version of Visual Composer because I am having some small problems especially with the TinyMCE editor.
Currently the latest release 1.4.5 you have released updated various plugins but not the vc is left to 4.1.3.1 and now is at 4.3.4
I also wanted to ask why the issue I do not feel that there is a new updated version? I can not find any settings to activate, and if I go to the page I click on check for updates and I did not find any new updates of the topic, something wrong?
thanks

Comments

• [quote]
    P.S We will try to help you with the TinyMCE editor on the support forum but you have to give us more details about this issue.

With Regards Daniel
    [/quote]

Hello, I bought and installed the Visual Composer Extension of Tekanewa, because I needed the extra addons for the construction of the site and I had problemicon creating an ICON BOX and I asked them if it was a bug or what, I also gave the login as admin to my site and checked and told me that the problem is an incompatibility between vc and tinymce and that with the new version (4.3) that incompatibility staat was removed or diminished.

We carry the discussion I opened the Help Forum Tekanewascrips.com (I can not post the link because access is only with login), leaving only the part about the problem with Visual Composer for the other 2 small minor problems (bonus and tutorial), I replaced it with ....

My issue:"Hello, and congratulations for the fantastic add on.
    I bought this product but am finding problems:
    1. ICON BOXES does not work, or at least partially works because if I try to enter text in BOX CONTENT soon as I try to save, the settings window will not close and I have to close by the arrow in the upper right corner that tells me that the changes will not be saved. In fact, all the changes I made (title, background, icon, etc.) have been saved except for the text inside the box content … ????
    2 ......
    3 ......"

Tekanewa response: "Hi,
    I’m not sure I understand all your questions, bu I will try to answer in order:
    1. Nobody else reported any problems with saving the content for the icon box element and so I have to assume that the error is related to your site. In order to get a better idea, I would require admin access to your site so that I can take a closer look myself.
    2. ....
    The manual for my plugin provides some tutorial videos, you might want to watch:
    http://tekanewascripts.info/composer/manual/"

My replie:"hello, thanks for the reply, in private contents are the data access as admin, look your feedback"

Tekanewa response:"Hi,
    as a first step, you should update the actual Visual Composer to its newest version. You are currently using v4.1.3.1, while the current version is v4.3.4. Since you are already using WP 4.0, which introduced a lot of changes (including the changes to the tinyMCE editor in v3.9.2), you really need to stay current with Visual Composer. The reason, you can’t save the content in the icon box is that Visual Composer is having problems with the tinyMCE editor. But that should be resolved once you update Visual Composer to its current version.
    Tekanewa".

Hello, I await your response.
  • Now I noticed that the changes from the frontend does not work anymore, it remains a blank page with the symbol of VC that loads forever ... !!!
    Hello.
    As far as I know Adamant theme (equiped with VC 4.1.3.1) is compatible with Wordpress 4.0. We've tested it.
    When you try to use some extra plugins it sometime makes things crash.
    We are not planing updating Visual Composer at the moment.
    Perhaps there's a solution for You, but I need login credencials to help You.
    Send those via private message please.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.