Before you ask please READ THIS

Post images in blog: Trouble with lazy load plugin.

edited October 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi!

Is there a chance (like CSS code in the custom CSS box) to add classes to all post images (or is it called article image?)?
I’ve installed a lazy load plugin to save bandwith and load times, but unfortunately, it messes up my blog overview by just loading the first two images.
The plugin offers to exclude certain images from the lazy load by giving them classes. But I have no idea how to add classes to post images as they are not integrated in the post itself and hence don’t have a code like image… that I can type in the editor.
You know what I mean?

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

If you want lazy load for blog then it is compatible with this plugin http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/plugins_recommendations_infinite_scroll - please also do configuration as explained there.

With regards.

Ouuuh yeah! :)
    I actually already prepared for writing "well, yes … but I don’t like infinite scrolling on my website".
    But as I know it from you: Your documentations and support just do exactly what we users are looking for. Now I have a plugin called "infinite scroll" which doesn’t scroll infinitely but loads lazily. :D
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • AirAir
    ;-)
    Is the "Infinite Scroll" plugin after the newest Beach Please theme update still necessary? Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Depends on your needs. You don't have to use it if traditional pagination is OK for you.
    I used the plugin as a lazy load plugin. I didn’t use the actual infinite scroll. You gave me that advice above (well, in October 2014).
    So the theme has a built in lazy load function now, doesn’t it?
    Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Tupamaros said: So the theme has a built in lazy load function now, doesn’t it?
    From where did you get such conclusions :-)

I read this topic and I know what is about but your recent question
    Tupamaros said: Is the "Infinite Scroll" plugin after the newest Beach Please theme update still necessary?
    just left me clueless why there should be so :-)

With kind regards.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 111
    Hm, I thought I read it in the new features of the last update?!:

"Lazy Load for Works List and Galleries"
    Right here.

So to achieve the things discussed above, I will still need the plugin?
    Post edited by Tupamaros on
  • AirAir
    But this text is there from very beginning :-) Change log you can see here http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/changelog.php?t=beach_please
    Tupamaros said: So to achieve the things discussed above, I will still need the plugin?
    How many times I have to answer this again in this topic? :-)
    Yes, nothing changed in that matter :-)

With kind regards.