Before you ask please READ THIS

Gallery

edited October 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 19
I am updating my gallery. When I go to add images and then update they only show up as blank. I saw for "Fame" there was a bug and an update. I'm really hoping I don't have to update this theme. I had issues with keeping my custom stuff after the last time I tried. Maybe you know a workaround. Can I throw some code in the Php somewhere as a workaround?
Screenshot 2014-10-27 17.12.22.png
1920 x 1080 - 168K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

1. What version of theme you have currently?
    2. How many items in gallery you have already?

If you have around 100 items then we could fight it with htaccess changes something like here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2382/fame-theme-navigation-item-limits/p1

If it was bug in theme then I will try to help you hunt valid code.

With regards.
    Hi thanks for getting back to me.

1. Version 1.2.3
    2. 120(ish)

3. I tried that code but it crashed my server. Maybe I entered it wrong. Is there a safe way for me to give you my .htaccess and you can enter it.
  • AirAir
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,970
    As you can see in change log http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/beach_please/index.html it was fixed in version 1.3.3 and it was changes in many pleces. So htaccess solution would be best. This how my htaccess looks. Check only first line to try to copy this to your file:

php_value max_input_vars 5000
    # BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress
    With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi , thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I tried your fix - exactly the way you've posted it. I received this error message from the server when I tried to open my dashboard: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at lowercaseltd.com Port 80

Any thoughts?
  • AirAir
    Yes:-) Ask your hosting provider to add it for you :-) Make them increase max_input_vars limit either globally or locally for you.

php_value max_input_vars 5000

With regards.
    Hi. I'm hosted through GO daddy. After a long day with them and a bunch of screwups they say it is not an issue with their hosting but compatability issues on the theme side.
    Is there anything we can do to band aid this? I need a fix. Otherwise can I get a more helpful instruction to update without breaking my theme and the custom stuff I've made.
    lowercaseltd.com

thanks so much
  • AirAir
    jahogan said: Hi. I'm hosted through GO daddy. After a long day with them and a bunch of screwups they say it is not an issue with their hosting but compatability issues on the theme side.
    But it is obvious. You don't ask them to fix the issue but to setup server setting for you.

Listen, to quick story:
    When theme was released firstly there was no such limit on server on how many fields can be send per submit. Then new PHP version limited this. Now even pure wordpress can fail cause of this. You just have to create big enough menu to see that it wont save it.
    So: you don't ask you server provider to fix your theme, but you ask for setting. Don't let them bounce ball cause their laziness. Go daddy is known from support that SUX.

Anyway after detecting issue we have fixed theme. This changes was in many files, and I don't know what changes you have made, so it will be hard.

So either we will struggle and waste next week to add to your site changes cause you can't update theme to fixed one cause you did changes on your own not following ways they should be done http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/modification_of_theme
    OR you will ask for simple change in your server.

Focus on this "why when you add change to htaccess then site goes down?". Focus on server not on your issue, cause either way they will push everything back :-)

If they push you again that either change hosting or lets get started with files you have to merge:-)

With regards.
    Hi. Thanks for all your help. But as it turns out .htaccess for godaddy is a no-go. The update has to be done in the php5.ini file, which I finally figured out through forums and no help from godaddy. Here's the fix if anyone else needs it (put at very top of code):
    [PHP]
    max_input_vars = 5000

Thanks again for getting back to me and all your help. Def got me looking in the right direction.
    I'm wrong. I thought it worked. It didn't. Back to drawing board...
    Works now. Added this:

upload_max_filesize = 200000M
    post_max_size = 80000M
  • AirAir
    OOO! Good to know that in some case there is need for other settings also. Thanks for sharing this and I am glad that you have solved this!
    Great job :-)

Kind regards.