Before you ask please READ THIS

Cannot apply page template

edited October 2014 in Adamant Posts: 6
Hi, When I create a new page with the Adamant theme, specifically to apply the "My Works" page template, I do not have the option in the drop down menu. It shows only "standard template" and "Archives". Thank you for your help
Post edited by patrickdelorenzi on

Comments

Hi.
    If I understand You correctly - You are trying to add more items to portfolio section.
    Go to Left menu >> My Works >> Add new.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Hi, no, the "my works" area works correctly and I can add wok, genres etc, I now want to create a new page and apply the "my works" template to it so i can display the page in a menu. The image on the right is the options i see, the one on the left is the apollo tutorial I saw.
    Schermata 2014-10-28 alle 16.05.55.png
    166 x 165 - 35K
    Schermata 2014-10-28 alle 16.05.31.png
    277 x 323 - 29K
    Hi, in Adamant there's no such thing like "my works" template.
    My Works are displayed by use of "works list" shortcode.
    If You want to create a new page - use standard template and design it with Visual Composer tool.
    Then update the menu to display a proper link to this new page.
    All the Best.
  • Ok. Sorry to be bothering you, but how do I get the "My Works" page to be displayed in a menu?
    All the Best.
  • Hi,
    The fact is that My works is not a page, so i cannot add it to a menu. I can add single items that i have loaded in the "my works" section, but not the whole "my works" section. Pic is of what i see, if i check Goran ecc it adds only that item. Sorry if i'm not making my problem clear enough and thank you for your time.
    Schermata 2014-10-31 alle 13.03.22.png
    294 x 223 - 20K
    Ok, I think now I know what do You want to achieve.
    You want have separate page with 'My Work' section on it, which looks like 'Work section' on one of our demo, right?
    If so:
    1. Create new page (Left menu >> Pages >> Add new).
    2. Add to its content 'Works list' shortcode, configure it.
    3. Add this page to menu.
    All the Best.
  • Hi surgeon, thank you so much for your time and efforts to understand my problem. The only thing I want to achieve is to have the My Works section displayed on my site as a grid, exactly as is shown in the demo. .What is the simplest way to do it?
    Schermata 2014-11-02 alle 15.45.39.png
    1272 x 699 - 469K
  • I have resolved my problem by using the demo data directly. Thank You.