Before you ask please READ THIS

Dynamic Navigation menu

edited January 2015 in Hypershot Posts: 65
Hi!
I can't figure out how to create a Portfolio menu on my website that will allow the user to pick up an album from the whole list of albums displayed as a sub menu.
Could you please tell me how it could be managed?
Thanks in advance for your support!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

If you know how to construct menu and submenu, then now you only need option to add single album to menu. Check this section http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/installation_update_after_installation - there it is explained how to add such possibility.

With kind regards.
  • Hi!
    I know how to construct menu but don't get it for submenus... I already have single album screen option checked. I can indeed insert the albums name as a menu (but not as a sub menu!) but not the parent (album list). I wish the following :
    PORTFOLIO (albums list)
    |--> ALBUM A
    |--> ALBUM B
    |--> ALBUM C

Now I can only get
    |--> ALBUM A
    |--> ALBUM B
    |--> ALBUM C
    which makes at the end an awfully long menu on the main page...

Thanks for your feedback
    Charles
  • AirAir
    SO you don't know how to create subemenus in Wordpress? In this case

With kind regards.
  • Hi!
    Many thanks for this video! It is what I was looking for :-)
    Kind Regards
  • Hi Again!
    I created the submenus but due to the huge list of albums, the list is too long and submenu items are not fully reachable.
    How could I divide the submenu into a specified number of columns (ex:5 columns)? That would be perfect like this.

When I select an album from the submenu, it is correctly moving to the expected page, but I would like to display just below the main menu (Photography Portfolio- Albums) the name of the current selected album.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks on this, then I suppose I am over with the output!

Kind Regards,
    www.nomadnocry.com
  • AirAir
    You touch two different cases here and you shouldn't do it. So I will focus on menu issue and you can start new topic for other case.

If you have such long menu you should group them. To do it you have to use empty links as your children of Album position, and then under each this link put your albums.

Check screen shots for example.

With regards.
    1.png
    522 x 704 - 49K
    2.png
    475 x 333 - 24K
  • Hi,
    Using empty links makes the trick but has for a consequence that the user is redirected to an invalid page (http:///#) if by mistake he clicks on the sub-menu title.
    How to deactivate such a redirection?
    Regards,
  • AirAir
    Then add only as link #, nothing more. Sorry for not clarifying this earlier.

With kind regards.
  • Ok. I'll do this.
    Thanks!