Before you ask please READ THIS

wordpress visual composer broke down

edited January 2015 in Fame Posts: 5
The visual Composer is broken at the Fame template. I heard more people with other templates from Themeforest have the same problem. The point is when you want to move a text block from a Row to a other Row it bugs. The item you want to move changes in a pinstriped block with endles lenght verticaly so your page breaks down. I have attached a file where you can see what happens if you try to move a item in visual composer.

Can you fix it for me?

Many thanks in advance,

Marc de Vaal
bug.jpg
1395 x 832 - 267K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I suppose you have installed newest version of visual composer 4.4. Fame Theme is shipped with version 4.3.4 right now. On your place I would wait until plugin author will fix all issues that came with version 4.4.x. I can see there was even update today.

Every major version of visual composer is buggy, and that why we don't use visual composer in our new themes, cause it only hurts our clients.

With kind regards.

• Hello, Thanks for your reaction,

I'm using visualcomposer Version 4.3.4 on wordpress WordPress 4.1. So what am I doing wrong? I have the same problem with an other template. That was fixed by the author by new code after I noticed.

I'm a bit in a hurry, my client wants the site online at the end of january. So please help me when you can.

Many thanks,

Marc de Vaal
  • AirAir
    4.3.4 you say. Strange cause this version is working solid, and I can't recreate your issue.
    Could you show me live link to your site?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Also do you know what exactly was that new code for other template?
  • The online version of pages are oke! As you can see here.
    http://web220.metaxa.loswebos.de/

The issue is at the backend of the visualcomposer. You can see it in the attachment in the first comment. The yellowisch area with lines, was a text area, but when you want to move it somewhere else it collapses in a endles collum of lines.

kind regards.

Marc
  • They gave me a Zip. file named. js_composer
    I guess that is a new updated version of the visualcomposer. with many folders can't see the difference in code now.
  • AirAir
    IN your screen shot I see element "Empty Space", but I don't have such thing. Is it some kind of extension? It may be causing issues, as well as any other plugin. I still couldn't recreate your issue, so I can't make any magic code as I don't know what is causing this in your case.
    I couldn't find anything suspicious either on front-end(i know issue is not there).

However, if previous template author fixed this for you, then why don't you use his version of visual composer plugin? We ship with theme not edited plugin, so you wont lose anything. That author might encounter such issue previously and that is why he gave code so easily.
    Just go to wp-content/plugins an remove js-composer and install his fixed version instead.

Please tell me later did this help.

With kind regards.
  • Hello Air,

Thanks for your support. I did what you told me, and reinstalled the Js.composer on the FTP. with the new Zip.file I got from a other website author. This works also for FAME theme :)

Thanks!

Marc