Before you ask please READ THIS

No demo slider and sample products

edited January 2015 in Fame Posts: 18
Hi!

I just installed your theme and I wasnt able to get it to look like the one in your demo site. I believe you will need to update your install guide as it is missing something, perhaps add a trouble-shooting guide.

I tried loading the slider buy importing sample .json file as stated in your site but it still doesn't show. All I got is that [LayerSliderWP] Slider not found below navigation menu.

All plugins and sample data have been uploaded. Let me know what else is missing.

Regards,
Sam

Comments

• AirAir
    sdelena said: I just installed your theme and I wasnt able to get it to look like the one in your demo site. I believe you will need to update your install guide as it is missing something, perhaps add a trouble-shooting guide.
    Hard to say what is that something :-) Also you have to keep in mind that cause of loads of different server and plugins configuration, that user may have, this is impossible to cover all possible issues in documentation.

However in your case it sound like either slider isn't imported at all, or just on site that should use it, wrong slider is selected. Try to edit that site and check if you can select any slider.

Also could you show live link, cause maybe there is some JS conflict.

With kind regards.
    Demo slide will not work because user needs to add the short-code auto-generated by the system when importing slide to the homepage template selected by user as his/her own static page. This is not mentioned in your install guide. Your guide simple states that when demo data is imported, they just have to import one of their chosen .json file and it should do the trick. Again, your guide didn't mention to add the generated short-code to the Pages>HomePage.

Woocommerce demo products were not added as well. Again, you install guide failed to mention that user can use the default Import tool of wordpress and import dummy-data.xml. Again, I've wasted several hours trying to find solution to my own problem.

• AirAir
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello again :-)

About woocommerce you are right there is no decription, cause this not our part and woocommerce plugin itself describes process of importing their demo. It is difficult to decide who should in this case mention about installing demo data(woocommerce does) as we only made this plugin work with our theme, nothing else:-) We don't make it, don't sell it or something. It is like we should describe every plugin that we tested with our site.
    BUT if you use our one click demo data importer it would also import woocommerce products and all needed plugins:-) So with one click and few minutes of waiting you would recreate our demo:-)

About layers slider - they are inserted in our site using Visual composer plugins using its shortcodes. So if every plugin was installed proper, then you shouldn't have such issues.

For me it sounds like you have encountered some problem on installation and this is why you have all this strange issues, that no one before you reported. And that how often frustration rises, and I am deeply sorry for this as this was not our intentions and we are here to help you solve such situations ;-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on