Before you ask please READ THIS

Gap on my 'works' page where it shouldn't be

edited January 2015 in Beach Please Posts: 16
Hi Guys,

My website is having some issues - when I click on a tile on the home page to go to that particular work section, there is a huge white gap before my first image. Problem is, it only does it the first time you click on that work item, if you were to go into it again it loads the images as it should do. I need it to show up correct the first time as I have been applying for jobs and my work needs to show correctly or I may be having my applications discounted because my site is lacking. It's going to be a rarity that someone will click on a work item once and then go into it again so that it shows up properly.

My web address is:
www.smhdzines.com

I have attached an image of what I am talking about.

Have just updated to the latest version of wordpress, and my beach theme is 1.6.4.

Please help me asap.

Cheers

Sarah

Screenshot_circled.jpg
1890 x 957 - 554K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I have checked your site on firefox and chrome and couldn't recreate issue. Can you give any more details, like browser, resolution, other useful things?

Also if it such critical, then instead of scroller, switch to slider in your works for time being.

With kind regards.
  • Hi there,

It's on Chrome browser. I have a 27" screen so my resolution is set to: 1920 x 1080 resolution (recommended for my screen - as per control panel).

I did try to use the slider, but it just doesn't work properly with the display of my work, so I would much prefer to work out the issue with the scroller.

Basically when I go onto my website (and also a friend - tested to make sure not just my computer) and click on an item, there is that gap at the beginning - like there should be another image there but there is not. But if I go back to the home page, and then re-enter that particular piece of collateral, it shows just fine. It's almost like something to do with the actual loading of the scroller and once it has a memory of this it works fine.

My only concern is a potential employer may not look at it twice. I have tried all the other options for the showcase, and none of them are a way in which I want to display my portfolio.

I've also tried it on Firefox - however didn't have quite the same amount of instances it occurred. But it did happen. Screenshot attached.

Hopefully this helps?

Sarah
    Firefox_browser.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 463K
  • I'd also like to ask - when my scroller is going through the images on the works page, there is a line across the image where it distorts slightly. If you click through the scroller you'll see what I mean. I tried to get a shot to show you - but I can't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sarah
  • AirAir
    OK I was able to recreate issue, but only on your site. No matter how many times I tried to clear cache I couldn't see same issue on our demo. Maybe it is connected to how fast images are loading but can't confirm it. Anyway could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

About line - couldn't see any, but It sounds like rendering issues that Chrome sometimes show.

With regards.
    Did you find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same, and sometimes the photos doesn't load at all. Mostly when using Chrome.
  • AirAir
    Just yesterday I have revisited this topic:-) Unfortunately smhdzines have abandoned this topic. Maybe with you I will have more luck.

As I said before I can't recreate this issue on my installation so I will need access to one, where it is occurring. So lets start with link to page where I can see issue, please.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have tried again many times, both on firefox and chrome, and it works for me every time. Can't get this issue. I am starting to think that it may be connected to some panel settings.
    Hope I can verify this with you:-)

With kind regards.