Before you ask please READ THIS

Supersized slider broken

edited February 2015 in Hypershot Posts: 27
Hypershot uses Supersized pluging that has been modified. I want my images to be "Always Fill Screen", so there is not any empty space on the screen, even if that cost the image so be cut off at every single side. I want to have FULL SCREEN no matter the size or the resolution of the view_ing device is. The very last option "Always fill screen" is missing from Hypershot and instead there is another one added that is useless "Fit when needed". I want the exact oposite of "Fit always". Also, why no matter the height I dont have this problem, but if I narrow my browser windows left or right I get this ugly empy space "red in this case". Can you fix this or give me a workaorund or let me know where to change it in the code, so it works as the original "Always fill Screen" option. Thanks
2015-02-09_23-57-03.png
955 x 671 - 85K
2015-02-09_23-57-24.png
939 x 673 - 84K
2015-02-09_23-58-02.png
1051 x 683 - 50K
2015-02-10_0-01-06.png
2370 x 611 - 619K
2015-02-10_0-01-26A.jpg
1435 x 1414 - 683K
Regards,
Alex

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there :-)
    alexvaltchev said: The very last option "Always fill screen" is missing from Hypershot and instead there is another one added that is useless "Fit when needed"
    It is not useless, just not useful for what you want.

Hypershot was constructed this way(old school times) that you should upload images in only one orientation and then you will achieve what you want. So if you upload vertical photos(higher then wider) and select option "Fit Landscape" then you will get what you want(but not what it was designed for). Same but opposite ;-) with horizontal photos and "Fit Portrait".

Why "fit always" doesn't work? It works but our users always wanted to photos to NOT be cut, but fully visible all the time. So if you upload different orientation photos and use this, then images would be always visible.

So you want from this silder something very different from what it was designed to. AND Supersized originally works exactly the same way, but it doesn't have option "Fit when needed" that never stretches photo to be bigger then original(very demanded option).

With kind regards.
  • Thank for the fast respond. However popular demand does it exclude minority or individuals as me. I am sure I am not alone. My requst is could it be added in addtion to the current ways of size and position. I am not asking to remove the old options, but to add the "Always Fill Screen", that was present in the original Supersized slider. Would that be much trouble and time for you? Could it be done? Where in the code is that to be rewriten/added. Thank you!
    Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    alexvaltchev said: Thank for the fast respond. However popular demand does it exclude minority or individuals as me. I am sure I am not alone.
    I don't know about that. This theme is almost 2.5 years old, and you are first to ask about it.
    As I said in other topic -we are not using supersized but our own script.

I gave you answer how to get effect that you want - isn't that enough ? :-)
    alexvaltchev said: Would that be much trouble and time for you?
    As for last six months we are working on successor of Hypershot, so we are totally engaged. But after new theme is done, we can talk about it :-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have added this option to new version of theme. You should be able to update in few hours:-)

With kind regards.
  • How do I update it? I just cheked and there is no autoupdate. Also, I checked on themeforest and says 1.9.1 is still the latest version. I downloaded it, but still says 1.9.1 So, where do I get the update version and what is the update version number? What else is new? Thanks :)
    Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    They still didn't accept it, so it will take some time, they are slow in Mondays ;-)

Nothing else is new, only this feature:-)

When it will be available you will get notice in admin Panel and then you can update it as explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/installation_update_update_theme

With kind regards.
  • Thank you very much for addressing this issue. If I may ask, about 1 additional transsition for the slider called "KenBurns Effect". Would that also be possible ? It is a great efect to have. As well as "random" option, where each time different transition is used. Thanks
    Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    They have just accepted it, so you can download it now!
  • AirAir
    alexvaltchev said: Thank you very much for addressing this issue. If I may ask, about 1 additional transsition for the slider called "KenBurns Effect".
    I will take a look at it during this week. Thanks for reminder!
  • AirAir
    Sorry it took so long, but Zooming effect is finally here:-)
    Update should be available in few hours on ThemeForest. You will get notification in your Worpdress Panel about it.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you very much for this request too. I just saw it in the changelog but when I download it still says 1.9.2 so must be pending still. I will try it as soon as ready to be downloaded to try it out. Thank again :) You are awesome!
    Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,970
    You should be able to download it now :-)

You can see how it works on our front page of demo http://hypershot.apollo13.kinsta.com/

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hello,

I've downloaded the latest version as you suggested. I put the "zooming" transition but somehow it does not look very well. It very jerky and shaking almost the screen. It’s very very saddle too. Also, it is only repeating "zoom in". Not to be annoying, but please take a look at this here:

http://www.gt3themes.com/wordpress-themes/frame/kenburns-gallery/

It is much smoother, prominent and it changes from transition to transition. It’s a bit more visible, moves around, zoom in or zoom out so it looks more natural and pleasing.

I sure do appreciate your help and support. But I had to state the obvious. Thank again and sorry for any troubles.
    Regards,
    Alex
  • P.S. I think it also "fades" as it zooms IN and OUT. :)
    Regards,
    Alex
  • It just looks more organic... more fluent.
    Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    You are totally right. It needs:
    1. faster zooming(you wont see shaking then)
    2. "Zoom out" and "zoom in" in random sequence, or just one after another.
    3. Shift while doing effect.

I think 1. should be stable time, but 2 & 3 random. We will see how it goes. I will try to fix something today or tomorrow and I'll give you preview before releasing next update.

So we will try again until we will be both happy :-)

With kind regards.
  • Yes, Zooming in and out randomly is nice, so its more diverse as on the link I showed above. Shifting left and right and just being more flient and organic. The original KenBurns effect is what I was going for, as long as you get it as close I will be happy :)
    One idea, is to match the "zoom/shift" effect with the "loading next photo". If that makes sense... Also, when fading from one photo to another, and not just simply replacing it :) Again as the Kenburns gallery link above. Thank you very much. Let me know when I can download the updated version!
    Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I have spend some time on this, but I thinks we are much closer now to good result.
    I have added much of randomness to start and end points of animation.
    One thing that I noticed that it sometimes stays only in one part of photo, but it only happens in case of specific photos.

BUT I would rather you take a look at it:-)

1. Unpack file from attached ZIP archive.
    2. Upload this file to hypershot\js\album-view-full.js
    3. Remember to clear your cache in browser to see new effect. To do it use combination ctrl +f5 while viewing album with zooming effect.

Waiting for your response :-)

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    album-view-full.zip
  • Hello, I've done the steps you told me and updated the slider. Now works much better! However on Firefox is still kind of jerky, its shaking in a bit. Like watching 4K video on a old laptop. On Chrome looks good. On Internet Explorer also looks very good. So it is either my Firefox being problematic or Firefox in general. Maybe give it to someone else to test as well? On IE look really really good actually. Surprisingly!
    IS it possible to add “fade” from photo to photo at the end of the transition? Like the example above? Otherwise I am happy with it. Cant seem to find any real problem right now 

Regards,
    Alex
  • AirAir
    About shaking - I don't think if any thing can be done. I can even see such shaking on your example that you linked above. However it is very subtle. I suppose you see it more then anyone. I will try one more thing about it.

About fade - there is fade! Be sure you have set long enough time for Transition speed(ms) in Albums->Single album appearance(Full theme) options.

You are only guy interested in this topic(and me of course :-) ) So we will have to test it together :-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,970
    I think I know what kind of "jerky" you meant . Please try as previous to use file from attached ZIP archive but this time place it in themes\hypershot\

Remember to clear cache:-)

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    style.zip
    Post edited by Air on