Before you ask please READ THIS

Social icons in navigation menu bar

edited February 2015 in Adamant Posts: 47
Hi Surgeon,

Before we bought Adamant I asked you if the social icons could be positioned I the navigation bar. You replied that this was not an option. I replied I would try to get this to work once we were working with the theme. Well.... our client website is almost finished and he is demanding the socials icons (we use 4) to appear in the navigation bar. So I gave it a shot and came as far as having the social icons appear in the navigation menu. Being absolutely no PHP-expert I thought this was already pretty crafty ;-) But the problem is I can't get the alignment right.

I changed menu-bar.php as follows (only relevant part):

<?php _fe( 'Main menu' ); ?>
<?php /* Allow screen readers / text browsers to skip the navigation menu and get right to the good stuff. */ ?>
"><?php _fe( 'Skip to primary content' ); ?>
"><?php _fe( 'Skip to secondary content' ); ?>

<?php
$sc = '';
if ( 1 == $a13_option['layout_footer_social_icons'] )
{
$sc = a13_social_icons();
}
?>

">
<?php
echo $sc;
a13_header_menu();
?>

So I copied a snippet from footer.php to define $sc here an then echo $sc in the navigation bar. This positions the social icons right above the navigation menu. I actually want the social icons to appear inbetween the logo (positioned on the left) and the navigation menu (positioned on the right). It's OK if the socials icons are not shown on a smaller screen, since the icons will probably be too large for thise screens.
Any thoughts on some custom CSS to get this to work. I tried a lot of settings and was able to move the social icons to the left and to the right but they always remain above the navigation menu and I would like them to be in the same line.

Any help would earn my eternal gratitude and would normally also include coffee and a donut, but I don't see that option in your signature... ;-)

Best regards,
Rutger
The Netherlands

Comments

Hello Rutger!
    Please send me an url to yor site, and - if You have - an image that shows desired final effect.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Hi Surgeon,

You can see the effect on the Adamant live preview as well

http://adamant.theme2.apollo13.eu/

Just reduce the window width to 460px or less. You'll see the menubar increase fm 59px to 78px, without any logical reason (at least, not that I can see).
    I see that the mobile menu button stays centered but the logo is off-centered to the top.
    Is there a way to stop the height increase from happening?
    Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Rutger
    Hi,
    You've already reported this issue on: http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/2947/menu-bar-increased-height-with-screenwidth , haven't You?

I'll take a look at it, but You must wait this time. I'm taking two days off ;)
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Oh sorry, I see I posted my reply in the wrong post.... hahaha. I'll repost thsi in the correct one.
    I thought you replied to my other question, so I replied again. Misunderstanding...
    I'll wait untill you return. Enjoy your days off!!
    Best regards,
    Rutger