Before you ask please READ THIS

Trouble Making Changes Stick

edited February 2015 in Blame Posts: 28
I am having trouble with making almost any change in the WP editor. They seem to not take place after saving the changes, etc. The only work-around I have found is to add or remove a widget (in my case, I'm using the twitter feed available for the footer). Do you know how I might able to fix this?

Best!

Comments

• I do want to mention that changing the assigned menu entirely does change as it should/in real time, but when I make changes to some options on the site such as the colors of the menu buttons, background colors or the pre-loader, I have to use the twitter on/off method!
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

It all sound strange.
    1. "WP editor" - you mean editor when you write posts or you use this term to describe admin area?
    2. Do you have any notices on top of you admin area?
    3. Do you have any fancy plugins installed, for caching or similar? Read our instructions in this topic about narrowing issues http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1 mainly about deactivating plugins.

And this Twitter method.... never mind :-)

Have you tried clearing browser cache after making changes, with Ctrl + f5, while viewing your site?

With kind regards.
  • Hey!

Thanks for the incredibly fast response. Easily the best I've experienced from any theme builder. I have not tried to clear the cache after making changes, so I'll give that a shot. After working on the site more, I have noticed that the changes that don't take place only seem to be related to text (color, bold, size, etc.). I don't have any caching plugins installed and just read through the link for my theme and don't see that I'm doing anything wrong. The twitter widget on/off does work and it mentions that it's related to Jetpack so I'm not sure if that's related.

Again, thanks for the quick response and great theme.

Best,
  • AirAir
    So you have Jetpack :-) It has caching mechanisms in it :-) So probably this is source of your issues.
    Caching plugins are great for speeding up your site, but after you are done with editing it:-) Cause then you have to clear all caches all the time.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks for the info! I'll turn off Jetpack until I'm done editing the site!