Before you ask please READ THIS

Portfolio Categories

edited March 2015 in Fame Posts: 18
I want to have a few different pages with that show works from one or a few different categories. I just don't know how to do this and can't see this from your documentation. In the visual composer I can't even see where to add the portfolio or works element. Could you please explain. Thank you so much.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

To display all your works on one Page you will have to create Works list page http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/adding_works

If you have added categories to your work, you can also link single category in your menu like this http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/adding_multiple_works_list_and_genres

Hope that helps.

With kind regards.
    Hi I have created a page with all of the works on it. But I have another page that I want to show only one of the categories on. This page I have created has other elements on it also. I want some writing before the section with the works on it. I have created this page, with the visual composer (vc.jpg attached). I added an element here called "Post Grid" to show the works but I just want works from one category to appear on this page. When I click to edit this element and then click on "Build query" (postgridsettings.jpg below) it seems that I should be able to add in the category here to show works from just one category but this does not work. It doesn't work either when I try to add in a tag here.

I'm wondering am I doing something wrong here. Is there a way I can do this on the page? Thanks.
    vc.jpg
    843 x 605 - 85K
    postsgridsettings.jpg
    587 x 907 - 113K
  • AirAir
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hi there:-)

Element "Posts grid" is deprecated since v4.4, so you probably shouldn't use it.

However I see that I forget to extend "Post grid" element. I will fix it and release update in few hours. Then you should be able to do it same like on my screen shot.

With kind regards.
    ss.png
    613 x 782 - 29K
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Update is available!
    Hey thanks a million for that. That's great you've put in the functionality into "Post Grid". I have updated the theme and I can see that thanks. But it's not working for me. I save it and view my page but the portfolio items aren't show up. Is there a way I can send you login details to take a look? Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach LINK(!!!) to topic it applies to.

Add there also link to exact page where this issue is present:-)

With kind regards.
    Great I've sent that to you now. Thanks so much! :)