Before you ask please READ THIS

Remove Responsive Layout

edited March 2015 in Blame Posts: 33
Hi, there.

How to remove the responsive layout, so the mobile preview will be the same as the desktop preview?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

There is no way to do it. Why would you want to do that?

With kind regards.
  • Hi. Thanks for your response.

Cos my client want it to be same as desktop.

I tried to remove the responsive css in sytle.css, but the effect was not goes well.
  • AirAir
    Parts of responsive layout are included if many places and also in JavaScript.

However every time I hear that someone want to disable responsive layout in today world, I ask them what is their reason, cause often such person don't take into account that his/her page is not for him/her but for their clients:-) And it need to be explained to them:-)

That is also why we don't make such option in theme, like some other theme authors do:-)

With kind regards.
  • Oh. So if really want to make the responsive, is that so complicated? And can you please help to figure out?

Cos i already explain to them that responsive is a lot better and more user friendly to their target audience, but they still want to. So really please, help me out.
  • AirAir
    Mainly removing CSS you mentioned should do most of trick.
    Next go to header.php and remove line 15
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no" />
    There may be needed some JS "turns off", but check first if this wont be enough.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks you so much, its works great for now. but it left a tiny thing need to fix only.

1. need some some space in left and right.
    2. social icon want it to be 1 line, instead of 2 line.
    tinyscribble mobile.png
    720 x 1280 - 789K
  • AirAir
    webhosting124 - but these are not case of turning off responsive layout but manual tweaks:-).

However I don't know why you don't have side space now. And socials icons- you can make margin smaller probably with some custom CSS. Do you need help with such tweak?
    If yes, then live link would be helpful :-)

With kind regards.
  • Oh, you reminds me. thanks and i just solve it. Thanks so much.
  • Hi, Air, recently i find out there is some issue when preview on iphone, how to solve this?

Website link : www.imtinyscribbles.com
    Screenshot_2015-09-29-15-46-31.png
    720 x 1280 - 478K
    Screenshot_2015-09-29-15-47-04.png
    720 x 1280 - 482K
  • AirAir
    It looks like you have some very wide element in your page, that is not responsive. Just scroll your page to bottom to find culprit :-)

With kind regards.