Before you ask please READ THIS

Hypershot, domain name change gives no photo loading anymore

edited May 2015 in Hypershot Posts: 38
Hello,

I've just changed my domain name and noticed that in brick gallery mode I cannot open any pictures anymore,..
Noticed that the request is trying to access the old URL location of the image http://oldadress/wp-content/photoxxx.jpg while everything else is working fine as I updated wordpress core to new domain name.

Any idea to fix this ?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

If you are changing domain then do it only way that Wordpress docs advise http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

You can also ignore it, and remake your galleries by removing all items and then re choosing them from media library.

Hope that helps.

With kind regards.
    Well sorry I haven't been precise enough, when I said Iupdated wordpress core to the new domain name, I mean I followed the standard wordpress "migration".

Although, while most request were properly adressed (aka to the new domain name), the gallery system in brick mode could not display any image full sized because it was trying to load image based on the old location (well, same location but old domain name).

Don't know if I messed up something, may be, but I really did the classic 'migration' procedure... I solved it by dumping Db and doing a simple string replacement before uploading it again.
  • AirAir
    Paul said: Although, while most request were properly adressed (aka to the new domain name), the gallery system in brick mode could not display any image full sized because it was trying to load image based on the old location (well, same location but old domain name).
    Default search and replace, as advised in Wordpress docs, should handle this, as these links are also stored in database, like all other wordpress domain settings:-)

Anyway I am glad you have found a way to do it!

With kind regards.