Before you ask please READ THIS

Post Grid Featured Image size

edited May 2015 in Fame Posts: 18
Hi I've been trying to change the featured image size of the works from a specific category in the post grid to be a rectangle shape instead of a square as it is now. I can't seem to do this. Can you please tell me how I can change this or just point me in the right direction. Thanks so much.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

It would be good to tell what you have tried before :-)
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/works_menu
    Make these sizes to be same so it will make square:

And next rebuild thumbnails using this plugin http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/plugins_recommendations_rebuliding_thumbnails

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-05-11_10-31-17.png
    720 x 685 - 35K
    Yes thanks I had seen this. But this is just for the main portfolio page. This is perfect on my main portfolio page, it is where I have other categories showing on other pages that there is the problem. On these pages I use the "Post Grid" element to show the items from the portfolio. I have uploaded an image below of what they look like. Is there a place where I can change the width and height of these thumbnails? Thanks so much.
    postgrid.jpg
    556 x 495 - 51K
  • AirAir
    Didn't measure them but they look like squares:-)
    It is new visual composer case. I once tried to achieve similar result for other client, but it is not possible. VC in post grid is using full size image and resize it using CSS. What is more this size is dependent on width of each item.

Looks like lost case, but you can google around:)

With kind regards.
    Ah ok. Sorry I meant that I didn't want them to be squares. I want them to be rectangles. I'll have a good anyway. Thanks.
  • AirAir
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,970
    My mistake, sorry about it:-)
    You can try such custom CSS, I am not sure if it will work for your example but check it please:

.vc-gitem-zone-height-mode-auto::before {
    padding-top: 60%;
    }
    With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    That worked perfectly. I really can't thank you enough! :)