Before you ask please READ THIS

Categories Drop down overlaps products

edited July 2015 in Fame Posts: 18
Hello again,

I have to many categories i would like to keep it simple but when i put the categories to drop down it will over lap please see image i had to revert it back for the mean time
Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 2.30.12 AM.png
1519 x 461 - 374K
Post edited by forty2group on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

You have to have there very long name, and it looks like woocommerce didn't style this for such case.
    However I tried this widget, and it looks like traditional <select> form input. Did you use some plugin to make it look like this?

With kind regards.
  • no its the factory plug in what plug in did you try?
  • how come when i try adding different widgets they disappear and dont show even tho i have it point to what widget menu to use
  • AirAir
    forty2group said: no its the factory plug in what plug in did you try?
    You mean build in? I tried widget named Woocommerce Product categoires see screen shot
    forty2group said: how come when i try adding different widgets they disappear and dont show even tho i have it point to what widget menu to use
    No clue, maybe some conflict with some plugin?

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-07-25_15-52-57.png
    452 x 382 - 13K
  • thats the plug in im using. here is what mine looks like and idk why but they dont all show
    Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 12.28.38 AM.png
    462 x 361 - 38K
  • I also removed every third party plug in and still doesn't work like you suggested im kinda stumped :/
  • i tried another theme just to see what would happen heres is what happened when i tried twenty fourteen (black background image) the built in wordpress font compared to fame (white background image) so is this now a coding? everything works and fits perfect in the side bar but on fame it overlaps and not all widgets work?
    Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 1.04.27 AM.png
    702 x 317 - 68K
    Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 1.04.12 AM.png
    280 x 389 - 15K
  • AirAir
    OK, now I see I was mislead by look of this "select". You have to be working on Mac or something other with different look of "select controls".

To fix it, add this custom CSS
    select, textarea {
    max-width: 100%;
    }
    I will also add it to theme.

Thanks for this!

With kind regards.
  • where do i ass this sorry not very familiar with css. and what can i do about the widgets with the others not showing? for ex. you see filter by price and the other it doesnt show
  • AirAir
    forty2group said: ass
    Who are you calling an "ass"? ;-)
    Adding CSS -> http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/modification_of_theme_custom_css
    forty2group said: what can i do about the widgets with the others not showing? for ex. you see filter by price and the other it doesnt show
    I assume "other widgets" are also woocommerce one? Most of these widgets are context dependent. It means they will only show up on shop page. If you trying again to insert them on normal page where you inserted products with shortcode, then it wont work.

You have to add it to sidebar in main shop page.Read this http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/adding_woocommerce

With kind regards.