Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog post titles not appearing

in Blame Posts: 4
Hi
I downloaded and activated Blame before the weekend and have been trying it out in preparation for a new site. I'm thrilled with the theme but I seem to have activated something unintentionally. When I look at the list of blog posts in the archive page, everything appears as expected but when I click on a blog post in the archive page to view that post, it's title doesn't display when I'm actually in that post. I've gone through all the Blame and general WordPress settings but can't seem to find a "display blog post title" option. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Could you post link to this blog page or screen shot of it?

With kind regards.
    Sure. Sorry for the late reply but here you go. As you'll be able to tell when visiting the site it's just filled with dummy content in a staging area while I test and "learn" the theme. By the way, congratulations on a fantastic theme! Anyway, as you'll see when you click on the blog link on the homepage the blog post titles appear in the archive list but when you click on one of those titles to visit the individual post the title doesn't appear. I'm sure it's something I've done because I'm pretty sure it did work. Thanks for your time.

http://766.f6b.myftpupload.com
  • AirAir
    Hello again kind man ;-)

Indeed it is strange, as even pages have this issue. Sample page doesn't have title while "About" does.

Have your tired deactivating plugins?

Have you made any modifications to code of theme or child theme?

With kind regards.
    I don't think so. Well I certainly haven't intentionally made any modifications. I'll try and tinker with the plugins though - thanks for the suggestion. By the way (and this could be the dumbest question in the history of dumb questions but please bear with me as I'm a new WordPress user) how do I know if I'm using the child theme? When I unzipped the package I got when I purchased there was another child theme zip file but I didn't touch that because it wasn't mentioned in the installation instructions on your site that I was following. I was actually going to ask you this in another support question because I was concerned about making a lot of customisations which would be lost the next time I updated the theme unless I was making the customisations to the child theme. (I think that's the way it works right?).
  • AirAir
    davegtr said: there was another child theme zip file but I didn't touch that because it wasn't mentioned in the installation instructions on your site that I was following
    Then you don't use it:-) More about child theme and modifications http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/modification_of_theme

If you will not find anything about your issue then I will take a look:-)

With kind regards.
    Um... I think I need help (maybe not just with WordPress haha). I did a LOT of testing last night including:

1. Deactivating all plugins on the site (not just the ones that came with Blame).
    2. Activating other themes (which brought back the blog post titles in every case).
    3. Deleting Blame and all plugins that came with it and re-installing Blame from the zip file. This time I also installed the Child Theme. I then activated the theme and all Blame plugins (only Blame plugins).
    4. I even deleted and re-created some pages and created new blog posts but unfortunately the problem persists.

I've obviously done something that WordPress "remembers" when I revert back to Blame to cause the blog post titles to disappear. Again, a newbie question here... Is there a "factory reset" procedure that brings Blame back to out-of-the-box functionality and discards all user customisations? If not, I'd like to take you up on your generous offer to check out my issue. If that's the way to go is there a secure way I can get my SFTP info to you (or would you prefer I create an account for you in my WordPress dashboard)?
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I don't think it is your fault, it may be just some glitch. I was about to ask you for data so I could check it out.

Could you please send me temporary access(create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail) to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

With regards.