Before you ask please READ THIS

New layout problem

edited September 2015 in Fame Posts: 119
Hi my friend,
I have a new layout problem... you can see it on the homepage of www.italiaamoremio.it (I've just made a plugins upgrade).
I'v elost the layout setting for the box of FAQ on the left.
Here also the screenshot..
On the page home - Visual Composer tells me that the "element I'm using is outdated".
How can I fix it?
Thanks a lot for your patience as usual...
screenshot_apollo.jpg
1366 x 768 - 193K
screenshot_apollo_2.jpg
1366 x 768 - 189K
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• I saw right now that also the page FAQ is completely wthout layout... :-(
    http://www.italiaamoremio.it/frequent-ask-questions-page-of-italia-amore-mio/
  • AirAir
    garocchi said: On the page home - Visual Composer tells me that the "element I'm using is outdated".
    Change to new elements from Visual composer. They have made lot of changes in their code and some old elements are no longer working as you see.
    Be sure to activate all new shortcodes in VC settings http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/activate_builder_options

Hope that helps.

With kind regards.
  • HI.. thanks for your tips.. but it's not working I have to rewrite the accordion.. :-(
    Tell me... is that normal that each time someone makes some update we loose our jobs or layout? I'm not telling anything about your theme (I know it's not your fault), I'm just wondering if these updates are needed.
    Ciao ciao
  • AirAir
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,970
    garocchi said: HI.. thanks for your tips.. but it's not working I have to rewrite the accordion.. :-(
    I only told you how to enable new VC elements. You have to use them instead of old ones, so it mean rewriting, or rather "re clicking" them ;-) I am sorry for that, I also don't like this policy of VC.
    garocchi said: is that normal that each time someone makes some update we loose our jobs or layout?
    What you mean by update?
    What you mean by jobs?
    What you mean by layout in that case?

If you want, you can install previous visual composer version and don't use version 4.6.x and newer. If yes then We can send you older copy of it and you will install this one.
    garocchi said: I'm just wondering if these updates are needed.
    Nope, they are not needed if you ask me. Most of clients just always want newest VC version, like it would make them gold :-P So this is why we release it with theme updates.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hi.. my concern is that anytime I make some plugin update, the website setting change and I have always work doubles..
    For istance... onve I updated the wpml woocommerce multilingual and all the translations I made disappeared...
    This is what I mean,... I never know if making a plugin update I will loose someting...
    :-(
  • AirAir
    Ooo that is very strange.

I think backups in your case are necessary to do before updates.
    On your place I would also ask in WPML support, if it happens with WPML updates. Or maybe it was one time thing?
    Other, "simpler" plugins updates, also mess your site?

Hard to answer this, as many things can mess here.

With kind regards.
  • Yeah... I know that we never know what would happen.. sometime also little or big update has changed my set up... anyway....
    thanks a lot for your support...
  • Hi my friend,
    can you please send me the old version of visual composer plugin if you can? I found a conflict with wpml (it doesn't allow me to change the product slug on permalink) and I decide to install the old version to solve many problems.
    Can you tell me ... if I delete the plugin and install the old one, the setting I have will be kept or I will loose everything?
    thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

In a minute Daniel will send you VC 4.5.3
    Just remove old js_comoposer directory from wp-content/plugins byt FTP and upload this version(byt FTP or WP). This way you shouldn't lose any settings.

Hope that helps.

With kind regards.
    Hello :)

Please check your inbox for the link to Visual Composer

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • Hi Daniel,
    I forgot to thank you here.
    Sorry... :-)