Before you ask please READ THIS

Internal Service Error when trying to 'customize' theme

I've been working on my website, kastphotos.com and one day I tried to customize the theme and I got this internal service error page instead. I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but tried it again and it didn't work. Since then sometimes when I try again it actually goes into the theme customize options for everything, but when I edit something and 'save' it doesnt actually change on the website. So it appears its not working at all.

I subsequently tried deleting the theme and reinstalling the newest one 1.1.3 but it is still occurring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
-Steve
Screen shot 2015-09-03 at 12.00.04 AM.png
1440 x 900 - 127K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

It would be great if you would enable debug mode https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_ and if any particular error would show up(not just internal service error - cause this is more like server crash)

Do you have any special plugins installed?
    Where are you hosted?

With kind regards.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 29

Hey there, after editing the wp-config file, I'm not getting the internal service error page anymore. Before it was hit or miss getting that error by clicking customize, but now it lets me in everytime. I will let ya know if that changes. However it's still broken. Whenever I update something int the customize menu, like the front Landing page or the site name, and click on 'save and publish' it just hangs there and doesnt give me the changed 'SAVED' button. When I view the website, nothing has changed.

I'm using ipage as m hosting provider. I do have the following plugins installed.

Akismet
    Apollo13 Photon Post tpes
    Contact Form 7
    Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrade
    Envato Wordpress Toolkit
    Hello Dolly
    Jetpack
    Mojo Marketplace
    Share Buttons
    W3 Total Cache
    Woocommerce
    Post edited by zenpanda on
  • DEACTIVATING ALL PLUGINS EXCEPT FOR APOLLO13 & CONTACT 7 FORM SEEM TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
  • AirAir
    Hello
    zenpanda said: Whenever I update something int the customize menu, like the front Landing page or the site name, and click on 'save and publish' it just hangs there and doesnt give me the changed 'SAVED' button. When I view the website, nothing has changed
    This mean that site crashed while making AJAX call for save. I suspect memory limit is too low.

Please follow https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+check+wordpress+memory+limit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 and find best way for you to check what is your current memory limit and maybe increase it to like 128MB.

For time being you can also lookout for W3 Total Cache and Jetpack plugins.

With kind regards.