Before you ask please READ THIS

Sharing a page or photo

Hello when I try to share one of my albums or the website URL itself on social media like Facebook, it doesn't display a small thumbnail of my photos and my site description, instead it shows no photo thumbnail and text reads "DSC_0605 Share DSC_0606 Share", etc, etc. See picture. How to fix this please?

Also when sharing a specific image in one of my galleries, it shows up on facebook as the photo, very nice! But when someone clicks on that photo, it goes to the photo on my website, empty page with just the photo and URL reads. http://www.kastphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_7938-2.jpg

But it would be better if the link put someone into the gallery of my page, that way they could continue to click and see the next photo instead of being stuck on a website page with no links and just the solo image.

Thank you

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello again:-)

Can you attach image that your forgot to do?
    zenpanda said: it doesn't display a small thumbnail of my photos and my site description, instead it shows no photo thumbnail and text reads "DSC_0605 Share DSC_0606 Share", etc, etc
    I believe this happens only when sharing single photo?
    zenpanda said: But it would be better if the link put someone into the gallery of my page, that way they could continue to click and see the next photo instead of being stuck on a website page with no links and just the solo image.
    Best would be that this link would open album, and in this album it would show this photo in lightbox(if bricks theme) or slide to proper slide( if this is slider). It would be best, but it is hard to do, so instead we decided to share just path to photo.

However current situation is still no good, cause as you say, user land with just photo and no navigation. I will think about it and try to come with some clever solution. However I need time for this.

Thanks for pushing me to this task, cause it was sitting in back of my head for long time!

With kind regards.
  • Yes here is that photo
    Screen shot 2015-09-03 at 3.48.41 AM.png
    1440 x 900 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Aha. I think this is cause album has almost no text. I think i will have to add meta data for facebook, so it will suck proper photo when and text when sharing album.

For now you can use this plugin to set this meta tags for wordpress https://wordpress.org/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have checked this thing and I will be not implementing anything special for albums as plugin that I have linked above is doing great job in fixing this, and I will be recommending it in documentation.

As for sharing single photo in bricks album, I already changed it so it will link to album, now I will just add some script that will open image after page load. Unfortunately now while sharing photo from album you wont get thumbnail with image you clicked but with featured image of album. Unless I will find some solution for this issue:-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK, I have finished, update will be released tomorrow.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey there.

We have released yesterday new update. Now when sharing photo in bricks album now it will open in lightbox after clicking link to it(it needs fresh share after updating theme).

This is how it will look after clicking shared link http://photon4.apollo13.kinsta.com/album/gallery-description/?gallery_item=gallery11.jpg

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    So to visualize this process:
    1. You click share photo in bricks album

2. Then someone clicks on your Facebook page for example

3. And when he opens it, then instead of seeing just single photo with no layout like it was in previous versions, now it will open album, and in this album lightbox with shared photo, like here http://photon4.apollo13.kinsta.com/album/gallery-description/?gallery_item=gallery11.jpg

With kind regards.
    share1.png
    1010 x 709 - 570K
    share2.png
    612 x 579 - 260K