Before you ask please READ THIS

Cannot Update Theme, 404 on Installed Plugins Page

Hello,

I tried to update my Hypershot theme to the latest version but I cannot upload the new zip file. When I click the upload theme button nothing happens. Also, if I try to navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins I get a 404 error. I disabled all plugins and the problem persists which makes me think it is a theme related issue. However, I can't test my theory since I am unable to install default WP 2015 theme. I am stuck at the moment!

Thank you,

Lyell

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

You can download default WP theme and install it by FTP to test.
    Here you can find theme https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyfifteen/

It rather sounds like server/WP issue as themes don't have such power.

With kind regards.
  • Hi Air,

It was a PHP handler issue. Couple of lines added to the .htaccess file did the trick! This is unrelated so maybe I should start a new post but is there anyway to have zoom capability when the lightbox is opened on the bricks theme? The lightbox shrinks to fit so images on mobile phones can be a challenge to make out. However, most phones allow you to zoom in on areas of an image for better detail. I noticed that with my iPhone 5 if I open the lightbox I can't zoom in.

Thank you,

Lyell
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Great you solved your main issue, and yes, you should start new topic for new case :-)

Unfortunately lightbox used there don't have such possibilities, and I don't know way to change it easily.

With kind regards.