Before you ask please READ THIS

Homepage indexable

in Photon Posts: 7
hi i am getting a home page is not indexable issue.. (major) saying that the page has a canonical url set to http://...../album/full-with-slider/
HTML: <metarobots='noindex'
robots.txt:-Tag: noindex
robots.txt: User-agent: *Dissalow/
HTML: ,link rel='canonical'/

And No H1 tag...

how good is the theme for SEO?

Comments

here is a pic
    Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 11.47.29.png
    780 x 229 - 50K
    Also the albums keeps coming up with it being protected, even though it is not..

ps how do you protect and album.
    Hi is any one here xoxo
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    taiger said: Hi is any one here xoxo
    It was weekend, so no one was here:-)
    taiger said: Also the albums keeps coming up with it being protected, even though it is not
    Can you show link to your page? It have no clue why in your case album would be "protected".
    taiger said: hi i am getting a home page is not indexable issue.. (major) saying that the page has a canonical url set to http://...../album/full-with-slider/
    That is the problem with custom post type, when it is setup as front page. Wordpress don't have native solution for putting custom post type as front page, and this is why canonical link is wrong.
    BUT I am now searching for solution...
    I think you could use SEO Yoast plugin as most users does when they are really interested in SEO stuff and there you can change canonical links http://kb.yoast.com/article/148-canonical-urls-in-wordpress-seo
    For solution in theme, I don't see way to do it, that wouldn't break SEO plugins. However I will dig in code for few more minutes:-)
    taiger said: And No H1 tag...
    In album there is no use/place for h1 tag. It is used in title bar on other pages. I believe we could put there hidden visually title of album, but it is not always desired. If you want I can help you make this simple modification.

With kind regards.
    good morning, thank you for your help. please do let me know what you need
  • AirAir
    I have just opened your site and it works normal for me, no sign of protected album.

1. Do you see it on your homepage or other sub page?
    2. Try logging out of wordpress and test your site again.

With kind regards.
    Hi, it just flashes that the album is protected, then it goes away.

any thought on the other things mentioned..

regards Tai

• AirAir
    taiger said: it just flashes that the album is protected, then it goes away.
    Still can't see it. Have you tried logging out of admin and then checking the page?
    taiger said: any thought on the other things mentioned..
    What other thing? Do you still mean title/seo? Cause I didn't get any particular answer from you about it, after I explained all things, why they are the way they are ;-) and what can be done about it.

With kind regards.