Before you ask please READ THIS

Getresponse with superior Theme

Hello,
again in my new landing page I'm looking a way to get a optin form, my auto responder is Getresponse but I'm having problems to insert the JS code in the correct section.
http://fabiolasingh.com/inicio1/
the horizontal form is suppose to be in the blue row ( right below the arrow) , but since in my previous ticket I ask how I can remove the white space between the image and the blue row, ( changing the padding to bottom, did fix and remove the space) but drop the form to the bottom of the page, If I change again to top the form then is located even on top of my menu, I doesn't matter where I insert the form it just go on top or to the extreme bottom.
Note: the form works but it just not keeping the position I assigned.
any thoughts?, I contact get response and since the form works perfect and save the lead in the db this looks like a theme problem.
Ill appreciate your help
thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there dear user:-)

Have you switched off this form now, cause I don't see it. From what I understand, there can be few things that can cause this to happen, but until I will see it, there is no use to put hypothesis.

If this form is now available on your page, then please mark it on screen shot for me.

With kind regards.
  • the form is back, and with the same problem, the actual position is in the same row of the buttom ( muestrame como) right below the image
    http://fabiolasingh.com/inicio1/
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Are we talking about this fixed form that blocks whole site?

It just can't fork in way that is printed currently. How do you put it in Visual Composer? Via some shortcode or something else?
    I am not sure it can work with VC. On your place I would use contact form 7 if this form only needs to send some simple email.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-10-14_11-24-38.png
    916 x 121 - 18K
  • Yes, I create the form in get response(auto responder) and copy the embed js in the VC using the raw Js.
    Not is no a simple email, main purpose is generate leads ( save it in the autoresponder list ) to send follow up emails.
    Note the actual form is working, but as you can see blocks the whole page and doesn't locate in the position I need.
    and the funny thing is I have in the footer ( widget) a different form but from same get response using same list.
    It must be something in the theme, can you ask around pls.
    Fabiola
  • Air ,
    I just chat back with get response and they ask me to remove the raw js , install get response plugging which I did and validate with the api key.
    To insert the form they send me this instrucctions:https://wordpress.org/plugins/getresponse-integration/screenshots/
    the first thing I notice is my form is not located in widgets area ( I need it in my body) , so I generate the code to insert.
    if you see the sample they give me , if I use the widget this will install the form in any widget available of the theme, but if not I have to use the short code . I already paste the code in a text block
    [grwebform url="https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=YyGj&webforms_id=1071803" css="on" center="on" center_margin="200"/]
    but I still have the same problem, block page and not located in the correct section.
    Get response is not giving me anymore support options.
    Thanks
    gr.PNG
    418 x 713 - 35K
  • AirAir
    Fabymosa said: It must be something in the theme, can you ask around pls.
    No, it don't have to be anything in theme:-) And who should I ask around?
    Only one to ask is you, to know what exactly have you done:-)

I totally don't know how this plugin works, and why it puts form at end of body instead of row.

I want to know two things:
    1. Do you put this shortcode (that you pasted before) in exactly this row:

2. Can you post me screen shot of how it looks on backend in editor where you add it?

Hope I can help you find why there is incompatibility.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-10-16_13-59-59.png
    1185 x 114 - 10K
  • Hi,
    Here is an image of the backend of this page, I Just add the code in a text block ( in this case I'm using the shot code that works with the plugging already installed in the wp) , I also tried inserting the normal JS code provided by Get response and it does the same thing.
    backend.PNG
    1420 x 367 - 23K
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Everything looks good in case of placement. I just think it is not compatible with Visual composer cause it really prints its own HTML in weird place. I can try myself but I will need full access to your page.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind rgards.
  • AirAir
    Hello and thanks for access data.

In my opinion there is something wrong with plugin or maybe only with this shortcode. I have tested it http://fabiolasingh.com/?page_id=4076&preview=true (only admin can open this link) - this page doesn't use Visual composer, and form also was in same strange place on bottom of page. Next I have even switch to default Wordpress theme (Twenty Fifteen) and result was the same.

I see in HTML source that first container of this form is printed when it should be printed, but the rest of the form is printed in footer of theme. Maybe they planed to move it other place with JavaScript but that just doesn't happen. Anyway this my pure guess. Another guess would be that shortcode is missing some crucial parameter.

On your place I would switch to default WordPress theme(Twenty Fifteen), and then ask plugin authors for help, so they don't have any excuse to tell that this is someone else fault.

As my other advice would be to update all plugins, themes and switch off all plugins that are not important to solve this case(all this for time while they will debug what is going on).

Hope you will get this solved soon!

With kind regards.
  • Thanks for your search, I'll will chat with the people of get response, i guess for the moment i have to change my form. Ill let you know if they give another options.
    Have a great day!
  • I like to update this post .
    The option i use suggested by get response support was the "list builder apps", but after reviewing a few videos, i change the web form and create a new one with the option " List Builder Wizard", everything looks good and works perfect.
    Thanks for your help :)
  • AirAir
    Great! I am happy you get past this nasty issue :-)

Have a great weekend.