Before you ask please READ THIS

importing album content

Hello,

I am changing hosting services and rebuilding my site from scratch. It is not a migration. I am copying my current site http://benjaminkanarek.com on the new servers and will delete the current one and put online the new one when ready.
I exported the pages and albums already and was able to import them into the new hosting service. But is there a plugin I can use to export from all of my images from my media library from my current site and then import them in my new hosting system, so that my albums can be recreated the same way as the originals? I would like to avoid the creation of a new library from scratch.

Thanks

Benjamin

Comments

• AirAir
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

For such move, standard wordpress import with attachments is best method in my opinion. You can try other plugins that do things similar to migrations but I don't have any recommendation there.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • ok thanks
  • Awesome Style Benjikan just seen your site and I really love your work. Bravo !

Try "ADD FROM SERVER PLUGIN". What i did was backed up my theme www.alcaidesa.photography and then Uploaded all the images to a newly created Folder on my server. Now in the next week I will use this plugin to import all my media into the new Media Library.

Good Luck

Simon N