Before you ask please READ THIS

cover image youtube video

Hi,
I have a problem with the cover image for youtube video.
On slider layout there is a black screen instead the cover image. On vimeo video everything is fine.
I check the html code of the page for see where the problem is and I find that in the div of the cover image there is a style="display:none;" active only on youtube video.
http://imgur.com/pgJyia2
how can I remove the "display:none" from the code?
Thank you

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

That is for sure for a reason and it is put by JavaScript. Can you show me your album so I could see what is going on?

With ind regards.
  • ok I disable maintenance mode
    this is the album http://fotodaniel.it/album/video-3/
    Thank you
  • AirAir
    Thanks for link:-)

I think it is caused by autoplay option of album . For now you can try to deactivate it and meanwhile I will try to debug it and fix it :-)

Thanks for posting! I will reply here later.

With kind regards.
  • deactivate autoplay (both sider and video) but nothing change
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Sorry for such delay, Friday afternoon had disaster and I didn't had any time left to debug it.

I have found that code that we added for touch devices, so they could play youtube video when cover is active, is now making this issue.

If you go to line ~1134 and remove this code
    			if(state === -1){
    //show video, so user can see it is loading
    actual_slide.children().not('.video-poster').css('opacity',1);
    actual_slide.find('.video-poster').fadeOut(minorHideTime);
    }
    Then It will be fixed for desktop devices. I have to however find other solution for touch devices in that case.

Thanks for reporting this!

With kind regards.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 16
    Hello i too have an issue with viewing the youtube video on ipad and mobiles... on desktop it loads fine, but on mobile touch screen devices it will not play when you try and click on the youtube icon. please advise.

once fixed with the video be responsive also on these devices?

my link: www.dukesbarbados.com/one-page/

the theme is Thirteen - one page

appreciate a swift response as my client would like to launch the site asap.

thanks
    Post edited by Sanj_RC on
  • AirAir
    Here is answer to your question http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/3629/albums-made-up-of-youtube-video-does-not-always-show-thumbnail-from-upload-or-embedded#latest in proper category even :-)

Simply putting: update theme.

With kind regards.

PS. This issue was one of those that I felt sick about for few months.
  • oh apologies! thank you so much for the swift reply! i shall go and update the theme now.
  • AirAir
    No worries :-)

Have a nice day.
  • i have just uploaded the theme and i still cannot see the video on my iphone :( any suggestions?
  • AirAir
    I am off for today. However please start new topic, with link to site, and be sure that you refreshed your site cache.

With kind regards.