Before you ask please READ THIS

Visual Composer Problem

in Fame Posts: 119
Hi my friend...
I made the last update of Fame and I have problems with visual composer..
For istance in the "Woocommerce product category" or The Woocommerce product" it displays only 1 or 2 products instead of the 3 that i set in the homepage field..
Have you ever seen it?
Website www.italiaamoremio.it
It's not working on twenty fifteen as well... :-(

Comments

i've already deactivated all plugins and nothing changes..
    if you have time to check on my dashboard you should already have the account details... :-)
    Otherwise I will try to reinstall the old version of fame and vc.. :-)
    hi my friend... i know what's happening but I don't know how to solve it...
    i do have several categories... And for example for wines I have
    - wine - red wines - pala
    - wine - white wines - pala
    - wine - rosè wines - pala
    Now the vc Woocommerce Product categories is not displaying all categories but only for istance the rosè one of Pala.. And I have only two bottles on this category...
    For this reason the page display only 2 bottles instead of the three I'm asking...
    Now.. My question is... Is there a way to ask to vc to display all categories so I can have the way to choise at least the category with more wines?
    i hope you understood what I meant..
    Thanks
    Gabriele
    Hi my friends .. I contacted VC and they told me these... (but I do not know anything about it)...

------------------------------------------------
    Hi Gabriele,

The issue is because there is an inbuilt version of Visual Composer (or the related code) present in your theme which is overriding the standalone plugin version and hence causing the issue. You will have to get rid of it. I would advise you to do so with the help of theme author, otherwise you might loose the extra elements added by him. Once this is done, you can install the standalone plugin and it will work fine. Kindly check.

Thank you,

--------------------------------------------
    Hi Rohan,
    the problem was present even before the installation of the standalone plugin... for this reason I bought your plugin directly and hoped the problem would have solved...
    Instead I have the same problem...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Info@eventikatravel.it,

Yes I understand, but the "product category" element at your end is modified by the theme author and hence it is causing the issue. When you install the standalone plugin, the inbuilt code from the theme is overriding it and hence rendering it as in-effective. hence we recommend you to get rid of the inbuilt code which is present, so that standalone version can work fine at your end. I hope this explains it in a better way.

Thank you,

Can you do anything about it?
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Thanks for these report. If I understand them right, we have to remove theme extension for Visual Composer, that added functionality for WooCommerece(that is big connection of things :-) ). Now that VC added such shortcodes, they may come in conflict I guess. But you said you had same issue on default Wordpress theme, right?

Anyway lets try to remove it:
    Go to fame\advance\plugins\js_composer_mod\config.php line ~1184 and remove everything from this code till end of file
    /* Woocommerce
    ---------------------------------------------------------- */
    if (is_plugin_active('woocommerce/woocommerce.php')) {
    Remove also this mentioned code - Everything since Woocommerce comment:-)

If that won't help then issue is somewhere else.

Tell me later how it went.

With kind regards.
    Hi... it's working half and half... ahahaha it's quite strange for me... :-)
    I'm explainging..
    It takes all categories now (white and ALL subcategories, rosè and ALL subcatergorries) but not the red wines...
    For istance I do have wine categories as follow:
    - white wines - sardinia - pala
    - rosè wines - sardinia - pala
    - red wines - sardinia ..... then it doesn't show the rest of sardinia category (it displays only the first 2 subcategories and not the 3 as in the other categories).
    any idea???

In the italian part it's a mess... not all categories are been displayed... :-(
  • AirAir
    Does those shortcodes display properly in VC editor? Maybe you have to remove them and insert them again?
    Please try it.

If it wont help then maybe best would be to return to earlier version of VC.

With kind regards.
    Hi.. Actually I've already tried the old version of VC but with your new theme release and it didn't work..... maybe I should try both your old theme and the old vc version,...,

Now I've deleted the element and when trying to rewrite it again the icons with chart are all disappeared...
    see my screenshot..
    screenshot_apollo.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 175K
    Found it... just changed the icons... but not working...
  • AirAir
    garocchi said: Actually I've already tried the old version of VC but with your new theme release and it didn't work.
    But it was before above modification with code removing or after it?
    garocchi said: icons with chart are all disappeared
    Icons with chart? I am getting lost here:-) Have you activated all VC elements as explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/activate_builder_options ?
    garocchi said: Found it... just changed the icons... but not working...
    Then try last version that worked for you. However it seems very strange that you have such issues. Do you have old theme version to use it?

With kind regards.

Hi,
    I'm uploading the old files and let you knw if they will work... :-)
    Hi.. it's not working at all..
    I installed even the version of last august, but I have always the same problem.
    Maybe I didn't notice it as I wasn't using that VC elements...
    I'm reinstalling your new release...
    If you can find a solution it will be very appreciated..
  • AirAir
    I believe that for proper test you should also recreate your content as it was previous, but I understand you did it.

I read all topic again, and I am now not sure where it exactly breaks for you. Can you show me on screen shot + link to that site where it exactly returns wrong products?

With kind regards.

PS. I am sorry that you have to experience so many annoying things with your site.
    Hi... first of all do not bother about my experience on these problems, I can understand that when different people work on something different like a plugin and a theme some conflict can be created... Moreover maybe it's me that I've done something wrong till now.
    I'm sending you two screenshot... the first (the one without number) is the screenshot of the vc element (woocommerce product category) and you can see that the category of red wines are just the regions without subcategories.
    The second one (the one with _1) is the categorie I've in the website (you can also check them on www.italiaamoremio.it)
    As you can see in the red wines I have many subcategories that are not displayed in the vc element... in the italian part is even worst as I do not have many categories...
    screenshot_apollo.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 134K
    screenshot_apollo_1.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 139K
  • AirAir
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,970
    I am starting to wonder isn't it connected to number categories that you have in your site. Is Red wines category is the only one that is missing sub sub categories?

I am thinking about it cause you have 330 categories per language.
    Post edited by Air on
    It seems only red wines... but for italians I miss much more categories.. in many categories
    I will delete categories... Let's see how it will be