Before you ask please READ THIS

Blank Screen! Can't access any pages on website.

My staging website appears as a blank page. I haven't touched it in a week when it was working fine, but today when I go to my site, it just shows a blank screen. I even tried previewing each page and all of them direct to a blank screen. Here is the link to my staging site: http://e32.5ac.myftpupload.com .

I called GoDaddy to help, but they said everything on the backend is fine but the problem is with the Thirteen Theme and told me I need to contact you. They even reactivated an old theme just to check and it did work fine on there so the problem is definitely with your theme. I really need your help as soon as possible. Thank you.

Comments

I have exactly the same issue with the template. Blank page... and in console there is an error:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [href*=#]

Please support, help us, seems this is issue for others also. Thx
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Both of you guys - instead of panic, read what I wrote about making new topics: http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#before_topic

Mainly: there are other topic about that, and what is more important there was update released when WordPress 4.5 was released, so please go and update theme.

It should solve your problems.

It is good to be aware when your WordPress updates ;-)

With kind regards.
    Thanks for the help. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't in full panic mode, yet just a customer who needed support as there was no other topic that clearly stated my specific problem that I saw (i.e.: blank screen). Yes, maybe others had theme update issues. However, I did not receive an email that notified me of the Thirteen theme being updated (as normally I have been in the past as I have that option selected), if that were the case I would have clicked it and updated immediately. Instead, I tried exploring the different options and the Go Daddy representative mentioned all updates were done, hence is why writing to you was my last resort.

I understand that you have a lot to manage so I'm sure it gets overwhelming for you. But please also understand where we are coming from. We are non-programmers and have our own businesses to manage so when something goes awry, we rely on professionals like yourself to help us, especially when we are still in the window of support that came with purchasing the theme.

In the future, I will try my best to exhaust every effort to fix a problem before writing to you on the forum being that is the only way to ask being there is no private messaging or call-in support line. Again, I appreciate the speedy responses from you and helpful in finding the solutions. Thank you.
    Hi, as kelhoff5 says, we are not aware about this connection with updates and new versions.. from my experience, this is first time I see this error. 99% of templates on Themeforest is not going to total failure white screen after and update, but I am aware, this could happen.

Thx for info. now I am going to update.
  • AirAir
    Hi guys :-)

Sorry for being rough for you today morning. I had lot of difficult support after weekend to do, and just was annoyed that this case is poping up so many times after we solved it last week.
    I guess it happens most of times when WordPress version changes, hover I can't get used to it ;-)

Please accept my apologize for being a bit hard on you today. I will try my best to keep my cool :-)

Anyway be sure I am glad I could help you this easily:-) If anything is still not working after update please replay here and I will get you ASAP.

With kind regards.
    I appreciate your very kind and sincere response and certainly can relate to your frustrations (Monday's get a bad rep for a reason!) ; )

Happy we could work this out and now have a better understanding for future issues : ).
  • AirAir
    Thanks for understanding, and I hope next time I can support you better guys! It was also lesson for me.

Have a good day!
    After update all solved :) so thx and dont worry, we all got days. :)