Before you ask please READ THIS

Album grid layout

Hi there, I'm trying to create an album like this one but its not working:

http://thirteen.apollo13.kinsta.com/album/food/

All my photos show in masonry layout, not a clean grid like yours.

I even used the website demo content and just replaced the photos there with mine, but now everything looks like the attached file.

Is it not possible to have a clean, organized, grid like the one you have in the demo?

Is it because my photos are different ratios and a combination of vertical and horizontal? If that is the case your live demo site is very deceiving for photographers. No photographer has only horizontal pictures of the same ratio and size.

Please help me fix this.

Also, my photos seem to look much larger than yours, I couldn't find where to manage image display sizes.
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 7.37.23 PM.png
3348 x 1968 - 4M

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    vnmunhoz said: All my photos show in masonry layout, not a clean grid like yours.
    Please use images that have same proportions to achieve this.
    vnmunhoz said: Is it because my photos are different ratios and a combination of vertical and horizontal? If that is the case your live demo site is very deceiving for photographers. No photographer has only horizontal pictures of the same ratio and size.
    As said above - yes you have to use same ratio photos if you wish to achieve grid like this.
    If you feel cheated, then we are sorry, but this was not our intention. For us it is normal that often content have to
    be edited before put on web page, and raw content is rarely ready to give you results you wish.

If you feel it is wrong then you can ask for refund on Envato.
    vnmunhoz said: Also, my photos seem to look much larger than yours,
    In each album you have options http://apollo13.eu/docs/thirteen/#!/add_new_album that can help you make images smaller, like:
    -Bricks columns
    -Max width of bricks content
    -Brick margin

With kind regards.
    I will ask for a refund and yes it is deceiving.

It is not "normal" to have only the exact same proportions for all photographs one ever takes. I have been a professional photographer for years and "editing" as you say does not mean to crop all images the same.

You should reconsider what you are showing to people because I chose to purchase your template for the reason that it looked like a clean grid. Nowhere in your demo is there ONE example of a masonry gallery, so yes you are deceiving people.
  • AirAir
    Hello again:-)
    vnmunhoz said: You should reconsider what you are showing to people because I chose to purchase your template for the reason that it looked like a clean grid. Nowhere in your demo is there ONE example of a masonry gallery, so yes you are deceiving people.
    Well :-) http://thirteen.apollo13.kinsta.com/album/nature/ - it is second gallery in our demo("Gallery Album v.2"), so you are not true here.
    Each gallery on our main demo http://thirteen.apollo13.kinsta.com/ show different results you can achieve with theme settings.
    vnmunhoz said: I have been a professional photographer for years and "editing" as you say does not mean to crop all images the same.
    I am not professional photographer. I am professional theme developer that tries to make theme for various people, and I am always open to new ideas from our customers. While we sold almost 400 items of this theme, we have added many features that our customers asked about. Yet you are first one to ask about such thing.

If you like to take your time to convince me to add such feature, then I would love to make it happen.

However from our experience, we know that such feature was issue for many of our customers(in previous themes), who also stated them self as professional photographers. They didn't like it. It was caused by this, that, auto cropped images, were centered, what often cut off head of model on photo, or other important parts of photo.

So we have decided that users would rather like to crop their photos, then wasting time with auto crop.

Also media manager in WordPress is now much more powerful then in the past, so it gives more power in user hands.

However I would love to hear your opinion.

With kind regards.