Before you ask please READ THIS

Page Title - "Disable" Button Not Disabling Single Page Title

in FatMoon Posts: 14
Hi there,

I would like to get rid of all the page titles on my site. Can you tell me by any chance how to remove them? I selected "Disable" option in Customize>Page settings>Single Page-title bar, but the title still appears in all pages aside from Home screen.

Thanks,
M

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

If you disable it globally then it can be one of two things:
    1. Check in each site if you Title bar-> Title bar look set to Global settings
    2. You can have cache plugin that could block this switch.

If non of this is true then I can take a look.

With kind regards.
    Hello!

I checked (1), and have turned off all titles per page. I have even tried to delete the Page title in page.php, and this gets rid of the Page title great, but unfortunately, this still leaves the big blank space at the top. Ideally, I would like to have no Page title and no blank space.

I also know it's not (2) because I installed the demo and started the site over with no plugins and no content.

I'll send you a temp admin access via Message.

Cheers,
    M
  • AirAir
    Thanks for access.

I have checked your installation and couldn't resolve this issue yet.

I see you have lot of plugins, some probably from other themes. You also had Redux Plugin from other theme, and this why our slightly modified version of it didn't install(we have to solve such situation on our side). However I have now installed our version, so we are clear here :-)

I see you have one drop-in plugin object-cache.php APC Object Cache. This is plugin that can not be deactivated from admin panel, only removed by FTP. Please try and remove it for now(make copy of it) and see if it will help for this issue.

To do it, log in to your FTP and remove file object-cache.php from wp-content/plugins/

With kind regards.
    Thanks for reviewing my account. Sorry for the bad information - it looks like there are definitely a few plugins hanging around from a few old themes. I followed your advice and got rid of object-cache.php (I renamed it and moved it to a different folder).

Let me know what other plugins may be conflicting. I am happy to delete them altogether.

M
  • AirAir
    nmariya said: I followed your advice and got rid of object-cache.php (I renamed it and moved it to a different folder).
    Did it help on your issue?

About plugins - you have to decide what you use and what you don't cause each plugin that is activated slows down your page on admin side and on client side.

With kind regards.
    Unfortunately it did not help the issue. I deactivated any unnecessary plugins as well.

Do you have any other solutions?
  • AirAir
    OK then I will have to debug it on your site. It has to be some "clash" with old things. Please send me temporary FTP access via private message.

With kind regards.
    Hi guys I'm having the same issue with my home page, also one of the box rows is not converting well to mobile.
    http://www.dgtlmrkting.com/dgtlmrkting/
    Fantastic theme otherwise
    Thanks
    Manny
  • AirAir
    Hi Manny:-)

Have you tried deactivating title bar in your home page exactly?

About your second issue - please start new topic with screen shot showing which one you mean. Thanks.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air
    Yes it's deactivated.
    When I look at it in visual composer this is what I get.
    Edit_Page_with_Visual_Composer_-_2016-07-27_00.29.06.png
    1905 x 924 - 1M
  • AirAir
    edited July 2016 Posts: 10,970
    OK I have found issue - it is clash with YITH WooCommerce Wishlist plugin. Switching it off will fix the issue with title. We will fix it in upcoming update.
    Manny said: When I look at it in visual composer this is what I get.
    I don't know what you are pointing here - title case, or row case. If row then I still please start new topic for that to not mix different things.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi
    Thats done it, I'm not building an eCommerce site so fixed for me.
    Thank you
  • AirAir
    I hope you are joking :-) Keep up good work.

With kind regards.
    Thank you for resolving my issue - the titles have been removed. I do have 2 side-effects from your fix:

1. There is now a blank white ribbon where the title used to be on the About page (it appears both on desktop and mobile) - I did not find an option to fix this. http://masha.gallery/about/ (image attached)

2. The Contact page now appears to have no blank columns on left and right on my mobile phone (I have it set in the Visual Composer as three columns, with all the content in the middle column), though it looks great on desktop. If I don't have the columns show up on a mobile device, the content looks really awkward. How can I fix this? http://masha.gallery/contact/ (look on your phone; image attached)

I'm happy to post this in a different thread... but I think this is related to what you did to fix the Page Title issue.

M
    IMG_4148.PNG
    1242 x 2208 - 440K
    IMG_4149.PNG
    1242 x 2208 - 3M
  • AirAir
    edited July 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hi again:-)

1. Change option Content top/bottom padding while editing page.
    2. This issue is rather not connected to title. I think you should add some padding for this column so it will have space. You know what - please start new topic for this one and I will ask Daniel to help you with is as he know Visual Composer inside out :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Thanks so much. I don't see the Content option, but I'm happy to start another topic (can you send a snapshot of where to find it, by any chance?).

Thanks again,
    Mariya
  • AirAir
    Sure, see this:

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-07-27_19-47-06.png
    855 x 510 - 32K
    Thank you!!! You have been incredibly patient and helpful.

Cheers,
    Mariya
  • AirAir
    Great that I could help. See ya around :-)

With kind regards.