Before you ask please READ THIS

Paris Demo content question

I've got down to the 'our team' section and there is a post grid which I cant work out. Where is the information stored to change the background images? I'm trying to load in my own but all I can find is the overlay information, nothing about the images underneath.

Comments

Hello!
    'Our team' section is displayed by 'post grid' shortocde - that's right.
    Data are fetched from posts located in Admin Area >> People.
    Please refer to:
    http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/fatmoon/#!/adding_people
    and
    http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/fatmoon/#!/post_grid_shortcodes
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Thanks surgeon but that doesn't seem to answer my question. I've looked at the 'people' section, I can see how the postgrid is pulling the text across but I want to change the images. As much as I wish Amy came to work every day in those short pants and looked alluringly over her shoulder she doesnt work here : )

How do I change the images under the postgrid?
    Hi
    kineticnz said: As much as I wish Amy came to work every day in those short pants and looked alluringly over her shoulder she doesnt work here : )
    Amy is overwhelming, isn't she? ;)
    If you want to change the photo - edit 'Emy Roberts' post in Admin Area >> Left Menu >> People and change the featured image.
    All the Best.
  • Thank you! for some reason I went through each people page and viewed them but only text was visible, no pictures would display. When I edit the page I can see the associated images.
  • As a follow up question. If I wanted to replace the 'people' grid with an identical grid named 'services' is there a right and wrong way to do that?

I could just edit the people pages to become services but the links would still refer back to the people section. Is that going to cause any other problems elsewhere?

Can I change the people section to services somehow?
  • Still on the people post grid. Take a look at the site itself www.kineticmedia.co.nz if you hover over the people section (I'm adapting it to services) you will see the text cut-off, I'd like to change the position of the hover block text so more can be displayed.
    Hi.
    As you can see - you can easily adapt People post type and post grid to display something that you call services.
    And you've noticed that those have limitations - sure you can modify them.

But instead of modifying things that have specially designed purpose there's another approach.
    Just use a flexibility that Visual Composer gives you - look here: http://paris.fatmoon.kinsta.com/services-three-columns/
    place an image in the background and voilà.
    All the Best.
  • That looks great too but the aim for me is to have a small website with just 2-3 pages max so having the services up on the front page is important. Plus I reallly like the hover box approach from People grid type.

Presumably there is no problem modifying the post grid for people then? Can I change people to services without significant coding experience?
    kineticnz said: That looks great too but the aim for me is to have a small website with just 2-3 pages max so having the services up on the front page is important
    Bu you can copy this solution from mentioned page into your home page.

kineticnz said: Presumably there is no problem modifying the post grid for people then? Can I change people to services without significant coding experience?
    If you really want to use post grid to show your services - take a look here: http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/fatmoon/#!/post_grid_shortcodes
    we prepared several layouts for our purpose, you can choose another layout, and if you can't find any layout that suits your need - you can build your own.
    There's a 'Create new' link below list of all Grid Element template. Just click it and play with tools you get there.
    I strongly recommend not to modify our Grid Elements (those with 'fatmoon' in name)
    All the Best.
  • I still didn't work out the answer to my problem.

With the post grid - hover box, how/where do I edit the layout and size of the text box?

I'd like the text to start higher up the hover box so there is a bit more room for extra words.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 1,758
    kineticnz said: how/where do I edit the layout
    Like I said - take a look here: http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/fatmoon/#!/post_grid_shortcodes
    Find the right 'Post grid' shortcode on your home page, edit it, navigate to 'Item design' tab, and click 'modify selected' - you're now on your own, if you break it - it will be broken.
    kineticnz said: and size of the text box?
    .grid_item_content {
      max-height: 160px;
    }
    '160px;' is just an example, adjust it to your needs. original value is 100px.
    Post edited by surgeon on
    All the Best.