Before you ask please READ THIS

Main menu across across all media (no hamburger menu)

in FatMoon Posts: 136
Hi All,
I would like to my main menu "Work Play About" across all media (Web iPad Mobile)
http://bumsch.com
Is there a way I can turn off the hamburger menu?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi again:-)

I understand your idea here, and I like your minimalistic approach but I have bad news: it is not possible easily. It would require removing lot of code that is responsible for responsive layout. I can think about adding such option in future release, but it won't be quick, as I have few things that have to be done first ;-)
    Still, I don't know how big work it will be.

With kind regards.
    Cool! Will be patient. Not the biggest of issues.
  • AirAir
    OK I have added option to disable mobile menu. I have to fix few more things and then I will release update. It will be either this week or Monday next week.

With kind regards.
    Brilliant! Nice one.
    Hey Air,

So I finally installed the update and have a full menu across all formats. Thank you very happy with that!

I do have a question about it, I was wondering If we can have the menu run horizontally on portrait mobile formats as well?

Now it runs vertically, see attach. which takes a lot of green space.

If that is difficult then maybe a hamburger menu, just for portrait mobile?

Thanks!
    IMG_1625.PNG
    750 x 1334 - 124K
  • AirAir
    Well it is caused by your logo that is 200px wide - it takes all the place for menu items on narrow view. If you would use 60px wide logo you should be fine. Try it :-)

With kind regards.
    Cool will have a look into it.
  • Air said: option to disable mobile menu.
    Where can I find this option? In the Customizer?

Instead of this solution my client prefers to have the hamburger icon plus the word "menu" beside it. Is this possible, too?

Best regards
  • AirAir
    Hello

See changelog for version 1.1.4 http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/apollo13_framework_theme/index.html
    "option to disable mobile menu(only for horizontal header)(Customizing -> Header settings -> Main Menu -> Allow mobile menu )"
    Rainer said: Instead of this solution my client prefers to have the hamburger icon plus the word "menu" beside it. Is this possible, too?
    There is no such option but you could try use custom CSS for that, however I don't know if this wont have any negative implications:

#header-tools #mobile-menu-opener{
    width: auto;
    }
    #header-tools #mobile-menu-opener::before{
    display: inline-block;
    }
    #header-tools #mobile-menu-opener::after{
    display: inline-block;
    content: "Menu";
    /* you can add your own styling */
    }
    With kind regards.