Before you ask please READ THIS

Updating Fame Theme (1.0.1) Error

I installed Fame a long while back! I haven't bothered to update anything as everything has been working fine. The theme version is 1.0.1 and WordPress is fully up to date.

I think that WordPress has updated in a way to break the pre-packaged version of Visual Composer so I thought I would just update everything.

Trouble is, I can't. If I upgrade the theme using your methods or delete the theme folder via FTP and re-upload or even select another theme and upload the new theme to a differently named folder, it still produces the same error and breaks the website.

So yeah, whatever I try gives out a HTTP 500 Error.

Do I need to do some more incremental (1.4, 1.6 etc) upgrades first? Before upgrading all the way to 1.8.3?

Activating any other theme doesn't provide an error by the way.

Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I can't tell what is breaking on this as 500 error tells nothing. It is also bad time for this whole update as it is weekend and I am leaving office in few minutes.
    Try enabling debug log https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/using-the-wordpress-debug-log and get from there what exactly is an issue.

I think you could also try to disable all plugins and see if you will still have this error, cause it can be some clash that happens there.

One more idea would be to activate different theme, update all "Fame theme" plugins manually, by uploading plugins that are located in fame\advance\plugins(ZIP files), and then activating Fame theme again. I actually think it will solve your issue, as I remember now how many things changes in VC during this 2.5 years and clash is probably there.

If nothing will help I will log to your FTP in Monday and fix it myself. Send access via private message in that case.

With kind regards.
  • Updating the included plugins manually and the letting the automatic updater do it's thing, fixed everything.

Thanks ever so much. Hope you had a great weekend.
  • AirAir
    That is great! Have a great week ;-)