Before you ask please READ THIS

How to includie images in work/portfolio pages for best SEO

Hi Fatmoon Support,

I am a photographer and therefore I is crucial for me to get the best possible SEO for my images on my website.

Using another theme I experienced SEO problems when I used image carousel to show my images compared to just inserting images full size - one by one. I know a lot of things can influence SEO... but I think it had something to do with the carousel plugin I used.

So starting with Fatmoon I would like to hear what you recommend to ensure best SEO for images placed in work/portfolio? Does it matter if I place images one by one compared to using e.g. the image grid?

If you have any other recommendations aside from always ensuring alt-tags etc. I would be glad to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Martin:-)

As far as we talk about elements from our theme, we know that we did our best to give search engines what they need(according to our knowledge). So albums/works in slider mode or bricks mode should be fully accessible.
    However we are still open to suggestions.

As for parts from Visual Composer - I know they trying their best to improve SEO, but I am not sure how they manage access to files when they generate carousels and stuff. I just don't know how it is exactly build.

So I don't have any recommendation except what you already know :-)

With kind regards.
  • Hi :-)

Thank your for the answer.

I will ask Visual Composer directly and hope they can provide a bit more clarity. I am sure they are aware of the issues and hope to get an honest answer from them.

All the best,
    Martin