Won't let me install Redux

in Starter Posts: 17
please see attached
redux.jpg
1890 x 1349 - 247K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Try finding Redux normally in plugins, and install it. If it won't work, disable other plugins and try again. If still nothing then there is probably issue with your installation somewhere.

With kind regards.
    Hi, Redux seems to be causing a conflict so my site won't load so my hosts disabled it. any clues?
    pp1.jpg
    1890 x 1349 - 170K
  • AirAir
    What this screen shot has to do with case? :-)
    wazzy1 said: Redux seems to be causing a conflict so my site won't load so my hosts disabled it.
    Really? What kind of hosting do you have? Even kinsta hosting don't disable redux, even they very optimized for WordPress. But that is not the case here:-)

If your hosting provider really disabled possibility to use Redux, then you should ask them to enable it, as many themes use Redux Framework to manage their theme options.
    In other case you should probably change hosting provider, cause disabling such plugin is not the way to solve their issues.

Listen, try manual install by FTP.
    1. Download Redux https://wordpress.org/plugins/redux-framework/
    2. Unzip it.
    3. Upload it to wp-content/plugins.
    4. Try to activate it.

With kind regards.
    The screenshot is to show what the problem was with redux active
  • AirAir
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,970
    wazzy1 said: The screenshot is to show what the problem was with redux active
    Still this screen shot seems very irrelevant. You need me explain what exactly happens. You activate redux and this appears?
    Do you try it on fresh WordPress install or on old installation?
    Have you tried deactivating other plugins (if you have any) ?

What did hosting company said about enabling Redux plugin?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi,
    Where do i find a list of the necessary plugins for starter so i can deactivate or delete the one's i don't need
    thanks
  • AirAir
    If you deactivate all there should show up notice which will tell you which exactly id added by theme :-) and tehn you should activate them.
    But at core only Redux plugin and "Apollo13 Framework Post Types" are need for theme to work.

With kind regards.
    Hi, After much discussion and struggle with host, this is the host's reply regarding Redux
    "Hello Warren Pitt,

We have tried to re-install the plugin and found that plugin incompatible .

So we would suggest you to use the another plugin instead of Redux which will provide you the same features as Redux plugin ."

• AirAir
    There is still no details about what exactly is that incompatibility.
    It is first time I hear about hosting company that doesn't support Redux plugin. They must not know that is not changable plugin, what tells much about them in terms of WordPress hosting. But that is only my opinion.

Anyway you are still left with nothing, and that is worst thing in this whole situation.

1. Who are you hosted by?
    2. Is there a chance for you to change hosting provider?
    3. Are you trying whole thing on fresh WordPress install or on old site?
    4. If you like I can try myself installing redux. If I wont be able to help you still, I will be fine with accepting refund even if source of issue is not caused on our side.

Please answer me all those questions and lets move on with this :-)

With kind regards.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 17
    Thanks for the response. The site is currently hosted by https://www.myresellerhome.com/

Annoying as it is, i could change and may have to change providers after this seemingly simple fix from their end

It is not a fresh install, so i, or you could try that if you like

thanks again
    Warren

P.S I really like this theme and are extremely frustrated with the lack of host knowledge. Thanks for the support

EDIT:
    I have cut your post and removed sensitive info, cause everyone could see it. Such details we usually send by private message;-)
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    I am going offline for today, but I will try to solve your issue tomorrow but I need one more thing.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have checked your site, and your site only crash with Redux on, when you are not logged in into admin area. When you are checking your site as admin it is all fine.

I don't know what maybe causing this, but it looks like there is hope. I will try tomorrow :-)
  • AirAir
    Solved :-)

You had Maintenance mode enabled in our theme. It pointed to page that was already deleted - and it was source of issue.

Your page looks proper now:-)

With kind regards.
    Hey Air thanks for the solution.
    I'm noticing when viewing after being logged out, the site menu is absent.
    any ideas?
    thanks again
  • AirAir
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,970
    It is cause you still have enabled Maintenance mode : Customizing ▸ Page settings ▸Maintenance mode

And it is pointing at your homepage currently. In Maintenance mode not logged user don't see header or footer so he couldn't see your unfinished pages.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hey Air,
    Having Navigation problems with the mobile menu. Hit home and get this (see attached) any clues
    Screenshot 2017-04-06 18.39.04.jpeg
    1815 x 918 - 123K
  • AirAir
    Hi wazzy1!
    Please start new topic and add link to page where it happens.
    From this I am not sure what is the issue, and also we shouldn't pollute this topic :-)

With kind regards.