Before you ask please READ THIS

crash on theme activication

I set up an new WP installation. After copying the theme via FTP on server it appears at design/themes. When I click on activate WP crashes.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function submit_button() in /www/htdocs/w0134086/nativeshirt.de/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 1264

I can't do anything in the WP installation. I have to delete the theme folder to get it under control again. I tried first the trial. Same result. I bought it then but stays the same. Always this error. What should I do?

regards
KK

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I believe it is one of these nasty bugs with restrictions.
    I will have to try to debug it on your server.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have added
    define( 'FS_METHOD', 'direct' );
    in your wp-config.php file and it works now.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK, so some more light on issue.

Issue is caused by two things.

First is server configuration.
    The case is that access by FTP and PHP script that is executing are managed by different WordPress users. Now when you upload files by FTP and try later to write in this files with PHP(WordPress) PHP on some server may not have right to write there. That is why you see form to provide FTP creditenials, so WordPress could work on this file by FTP.

Some kind of solution for this is adding in your wp-config.php
    define( 'FS_METHOD', 'direct' );
    However it might not work on every server.
    Still this method leaves one problem as fatmoon/user directory is not writable then. So you have to give it 777 rights to make it work.

You can read more about this here http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/189554/what-security-concerns-should-i-have-when-setting-fs-method-to-direct-in-wp-co

Second issue is theme bug, which calls for creating file too early, and that is why you see error message after form in case of such restrictive server. That is for me to fix.

I think I have idea how to solve this issue one and for all :-)

Thanks for help with getting into this bug.