Before you ask please READ THIS

Website tagline not updating

Hi there,

My website is rebekahchol.com and for a few months I've been having problems with updating the website tagline. I have tried two ways to make this update:
1- Dashboard -> Settings -> General -> Tagline
2- Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customise -> Site Identity -> Tagline
After making the changes I clear my cache but nothing seems to be working.

I tried to change the tagline with another theme and it worked but when I revert back to fatmoon it also reverts the tagline back to the old version.

Can you please advise what the problem might be and how to fix?

Many thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)
    rcartistry said: After making the changes I clear my cache but nothing seems to be working.
    You mean cache plugin in your WordPress or cache in your browser?
    rcartistry said: I tried to change the tagline with another theme and it worked but when I revert back to fatmoon it also reverts the tagline back to the old version.
    For me it sounds like cache plugin(do you have any?), but it might be something else.
    Title for your page is currently : "Luxury Gift wrapping | World's Most Expensive Gift Wrap | Gift Wrapping". What it should be like?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response. I clear the cache plugin WP Rocket not the browser cache. The tagline should read:

Luxury gift wrapping London | Professional gift wrapping service London | Most expensive gift wrap

The update works with other themes but reverts back to the tagline above.
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

We don't do anything fancy about title in theme, so it should work fine. Only other thing I suspect could be translation cache if you use/used any plugin for such thing.

Anyway maybe it would be better if I take a look.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    I think I know what it is. It is your SEO plugin :-)
    GO edit your album that you have on front page and there click "Edit snippet" to change title on your home page.

With kind regards.
    ss-2017-02-22_10-40-08.png
    835 x 313 - 52K
  • Oh my goodness .. so simple. Thank you that worked. Thank you so much for your help.