Before you ask please READ THIS

Customise not working

New to this theme, it looks great but having real issues with Customise.

1. The main issue is some of my changes are not be reflected in the preview screen or the live site when I save. Sometimes I make a change, save it, come back later and the change has reverted back.

2. Social Icons top menu stay in colour whatever settings I select. I cannot make them white.

3. Tools Button - I can’t change the colour of button or border. It always stays black.

4. I have used CSS to increase logo size, but again this doesn’t always update in the preview.

Overall I’m finding the whole experience very frustrating. I have turned off caching plugin, tried deactivating all plug-ins but still the Customise is not working as it should. Maybe support needs to log into my site to see if a bug is present. I’m using the Paris demo import as my basis.

Thanks, I really want this theme to work for me as it looks lovely, but not off to a good start so far.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)
    bobbyd said: 1. The main issue is some of my changes are not be reflected in the preview screen or the live site when I save. Sometimes I make a change, save it, come back later and the change has reverted back.
    There are few options that are overwritten in strange way, cause of how Redux plugin saves settings. I tried to fix it, but it is impossible. We are planning to move away from Redux plugin in future to save you and me some headaches.

How to solve it? If you see such option, then when you change it first time, Save button in customizer will not activate, but if you revert it back it will activate. Now you can change it to what value you want and it should be work.

However as you have many issues with reflecting changes from customizer, whole above description might not be solution for you.

bobbyd said: 2. Social Icons top menu stay in colour whatever settings I select. I cannot make them white.

3. Tools Button - I can’t change the colour of button or border. It always stays black.
    I suppose it is cause of you are swithcing these colors in different header variant then you use on you page. Please show me link and I will verify this.
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/header_variant_light_dark

bobbyd said: 4. I have used CSS to increase logo size, but again this doesn’t always update in the preview.
    Well this can happen from many reasons. We have to see each case individually, as it can even be cache in your browser.

Please send link, and then we will get answers faster.

Cache plugin should be turned off until you are done with changes in layout.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Thanks for replying so soon. It’s a test site so not live on the web yet, only viewable via WP log-in. Can I send you private message with log-in?
  • AirAir
    Yes, please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Post edited by Air on
    thanks, message sent. I am using coming soon plug-in so site is hidden. Only viewable when logged into WP.
  • AirAir
    OK, so on your front page you are using light header variant. On other pages, About for example, you have what you want cause you have there "Normal" header variant.
    So now you have two options:
    1. Change/remove all overwrites in Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸ Variant light - overwrites
    2. OR change header variant for your front page. Go Edit your front page and then:
    Page details-> Header -> Header color variant -> Normal.

This should solve most of your issues.

About logo - I see it is increased to 275px wide. However see that you are adding your Custom CSS in two places and they can overwrite each other. Decide to one, either "Custom CSS " or "Additional CSS". Later one was added in recent WordPress update, so that is why there are two places for now.

Does it solve all issues? :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Thanks for the help.

Changing Front Page Header settings has helped fix those colour issues, but maybe the documentation could be a bit clearer? the whole overrides thing is quite fiddly to set-up.

I’m still having issues with changes not updating in the Customise window. I have to keep changing items to another colour and then back to colour I really want. It’s not keeping the changes. This is very frustrating to use and I hope it’ something you can fix in the future and it’s spoiling the theme.

Anyway I now have the headers looking how I want so that’s good news.
  • AirAir
    bobbyd said: Changing Front Page Header settings has helped fix those colour issues, but maybe the documentation could be a bit clearer? the whole overrides thing is quite fiddly to set-up.
    Thanks for feedback, we will think how we can explain it better.

bobbyd said: I’m still having issues with changes not updating in the Customise window.
    You mean when change few options in Customizer without hitting save and then some things that are changes doesn't show up on this preview? If yes then this is recent conflict between Redux and WordPress version that Redux team is still working on to fix.

With kind regards.
    Customise - yes I make a change without hitting save, but it doesn’t update in the preview window. Also sometimes you make a change and it does preview correctly, but then you change another element in the same window and the other changes you’ve made revert back to before. It’s a real mess, let’s hope Redux can sort it out!

Thanks for all your help today.
  • AirAir
    bobbyd said: It’s a real mess, let’s hope Redux can sort it out!
    Yes, this is exactly what I described. If you will save your each change then you will see reflected in preview. If you will make many changes across few different panel options, without saving, then it will be as you described.

I am sorry about it, but I have no control about it and it also hits our product as you see.

With kind regards.
    sure no problem, i realise it’s not the fault of your product.
    Hi, still having problems customising items, namely the Menu Button. I can’t find anywhere where you change the button text colour? It’s set in dark grey and I need to make it white as the button border.
    Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 14.07.46.png
    223 x 167 - 10K
  • AirAir
    Hi again :-)

Color for text button is set with "Tools icons - color" option and for hover in "Tools icons - hover and active color". I think we have to write in description, cause it is not clear now.

With kind regards.
    Sorry that still doesn’t work, the search icon is changing colour but not the button text, see attached. Can you log into my WP site and take a look? I send details in previous PM. Thanks.
    Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 17.44.18.png
    204 x 106 - 9K
  • AirAir
    I have been on your site and you use "dark header variant" on your front page, so you have to change this color in Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸Variant dark - overwrites
    I have just tested and it worked for me.

With kind regards.
    thanks but the problem is on the other pages, namely contact, blog etc. The button text on those is still grey instead of white.
  • AirAir
    OK you have found a bug. Class for Vertical header is leaking its styles to horizontal header. I will fix it in next version. To quickly fix it go to:
    fatmoon\header-variants\horizontal-multi_line.php line~4
    and change this
    $background_type = $apollo13framework_a13->get_option( 'header_widgets_color' );
    to
    $background_type ='';
    Thanks for help!

With kind regards.
    Thank you that has fixed the issue!