Before you ask please READ THIS

Images load in new tab in mobile view.

edited December 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 37
Hi,
I was using my site on my mobile and noticed something, i have my albums set to open as bricks, when i click on any image it opens up in a new tab, (like how we right click on an image to open in new tab), it opens like this on mobile not on pc. So to switch between images one has to close the tab n go back. I was hoping if it could work like on pc.
Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello.

It worked this way in the past but believe me it wasn't good.

Why you ask?

1) Lightbox controls took to much space. It caused in most cases that opened photo was smaller then thumbnail. OK I could try to change lightbox layout for small screens, but..

2) ...you can't zoom such image. Zooming is disabled cause it causes crashes even on newest iPad IOS 6.0 with 1gb OF RAM(if you have to much images loaded). Thumbnails are in most cases big enough for mobile screen and if user is 'opening' them he rather would like to see more details(try to zoom when he opens 2000px wide picture). On new tab he will have full native ways to do that.

3. The video. First it makes much problems to resize it for mobiles. Secondly - viewing it in new tab is just best way if we mean performance and availability.

Small screens have their limits, and it is better to give full content then give crappy user experience by emulating full desktop layout.

All of this is based on my experience as a user of small touch device, but you can also ask your users what they think.

With regards.
  • I guess youre right. Thanks.
  • Hi, Air!

Is there any way to disable this opening in a new tab for mobile version?
    Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Hello,

It is not easy. Maybe I will fix it back in next update, but it wont be soon, as firstly we have to release new theme, so stay patient:-)

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello,

This issue have been fixed in new version. You can download it on themeforest : http://themeforest.net/item/hypershot-photography-portfolio-wordpress-theme/3391790

With regards.