Before you ask please READ THIS

One column in blog post & strange image frame?

edited April 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 46
Hi,

Got few more questions.

Is there a chance I could have only one column in a blog post? Cannot figure it out. Shortcodes only offer 50% etc.
I need to insert one image, then some text, then image again and so on - it is quite difficult to read with two columns.

Also, when I inserted couple of images each of them created this strange light empty frame - see screenshot.

Thanks for help.

David

Comments

• AirAir
    bruno7 said:
    Is there a chance I could have only one column in a blog post?
    What resolution do we talk about?
    bruno7 said: Also, when I inserted couple of images each of them created this strange light empty frame - see screenshot.
    Show screen shot:-)

With regards.
    Still cannot attach an image, what's up with this?

http://dbwebtest.eu/onecolumn_blog.jpg
    1680x 1050

Well, I think I got that - I just tried to resize the browser and it went to one column...

Any chance it could be one column all the time even on these higher res displays?
  • AirAir
    edited April 2013 Posts: 10,970
    We added this two column two increase readability on higher resolutions. To deactivate use this custom CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1300px) {
    .single-post .real-content,
    .single-post .full-width .real-content,
    .static-full .real-content{
    -moz-column-count: auto;
    -moz-column-gap: 0;
    -webkit-column-count: auto;
    -webkit-column-gap: 0;
    column-count: auto;
    column-gap: 0;
    }
    }
    With regards.

Post edited by Air on
    Brilliant, you guys are perfect - works like a charm, thanks!

What about that white frame?

http://dbwebtest.eu/onecolumn_blog.jpg
  • AirAir
    Sorry, I forgot. Can you send me link to your site cause I don't know what it can be. Maybe it is cause of hour(going sleep in 5 mins), so you can do it in about 10 hours from now :-)

With regards.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 46
    http://www.davidbauer.cz/2013/04/25/ar-lifts-logo-cid-webdesign/

Just hover over the images - I've inserted them as an Image with lightbox using your shortcode.

No worries about the time, gotta get some sleep too. :-)

OK, I'll switch the Maintenance off tomorrow morning, have to leave it on for the night.

David
    Post edited by bruno7 on
  • AirAir
    OK now I know what you meant. It is our hover effect, it looks pretty nice(my opinion), but on darker images. I understand you made such high and transparent images to show me this border, right? You wish to deactivate this effect everywhere?

With regards.
    Well, as much as I really like the hover effect - the image is rectangular 1500 x 1000px. It is most definitely not high and partially transparent. That's why I asked you about it.
    I really like it otherwise and wish to keep it but something must've gone wrong in this case.
    Check that post from admin panel. All of those images are rectangular landscape mode.

• AirAir
    OK I see now. You have this dimensions set in content. Search for 'dimensions' in content and check values there as it prints inline styles to links. I would advise you to insert this images once again and in Image insert smaller image, and in url insert full one like you did now(It should be done automatic if you select smaller version in Image).
    Also pay attention to Link dimensions, you can even delete it.

There is also other solution - add this custom CSS
    .alpha-scope {
    height: auto !important;
    }
    It is only not tested and might affect other pages so to be safe use this one instead;-) :
    .real-content .alpha-scope {
    height: auto !important;
    }
    Hope that helps.

With regards.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 46
    I hope I understood well, could you check my admin post?

It still doesn't work though - the preview in the post is 600x400 (which is the image size I uploaded in the first Image line), when you click on it it goes full original size 1500x1000 (uploaded in the URL line).
    But the preview still has that white hover border and it does not align right.

I tried to delete dimensions or change them but it did not help.
    Post edited by bruno7 on
  • AirAir
    How can I check your admin post?:-) I don't have login data . You can paste here your content form editor cause I see that there are still same sizes added. Or maybe you have some cache plugin?

Anyway my custom CSS will fix it - use it.

With regards.
    Oh, sorry, I would send it over but don't know how to send private message here.

Anyway, that CSS worked, thanks.
  • AirAir
    To send it click on my nick and there you will find option to send message :-)
    I can always take a look(but it will be in few hours).